Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone up for a game of...

Blue is hard with the differences between camera's. Is one of them a 458 argon line?

Last edited:

LOL. well. No fair using a multi-line head. Tell me how many lines it's doing and I can probably hazard a guess from the lines with the most gain. At least mine was a single frequency, even if it was a trick question. But I bet if it'd been asked before the casio projectors had been released, someone would have guessed the answer a lot quicker.

That reminds me. I still need to dig out my ML ALC-60x system get it ready to sell before it's completely worthless, and test the rest of the 60x heads I have to see if they still work.

Feh. Got me beat. My 60x only got 6 running at 10.3A last time I ran it. :(

No LPM back then so no clue what it's power output is but it'd slice electrical tape fairly efficiently, and was painful to look at shining on a white wall with no goggles.

lines.jpg

I'm getting 7 at idle, I've not tried to count them at full throttle yet though.

27143f55.jpg

Its supposed to be making 69mW full bore, I haven't had the time or tools to check it either. I still need some good optics to split the beam up too, a CD just doesn't work that great :undecided:

lol. A CD was what I used back then as well.. and 7 at idle? sheesh heh If it's manufacturer spec'd at 69mw and it's doing 7 lines at idle, your probably pushing 200mw at full tube current. If it's what the previous owner told you. Then it probably just depends on how well their LPM was calibrated. Not sure what type of argon-ion it is, but every other small air cooled argon-ion i've ever dealt with maxed out at around 10A tube current.

My 60x would probably benefit from a good optics and brewster window cleaning since the 60x's did come out of xerox copiers after all. But in all honesty.. even after all these years.. I still haven't been brave enough to do that. All the rest of my 60x's have SL 488 optics.. This is the only one I got that had a 'hot' tube and ML optics. I reaaaaaly don't want to scratch one of them. Plus finding the beam again is a royal PITA most of the time after messing with the optics. At least for me.

Damn, qumefox.
I was gonna guess 405, 405; 445, 405 but you gave it away!
The top two look like colors achieved by fluorescence. Laser light looks different on a camera and you can tell that there is more than one hue in those spots.