Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone know a trustworthy seller on AliExpress by any chance?

Tomybooy

I know most of them are cheap overpriced laser pointers, but there are some sellers that have good merchandise but just can’t write the real mW output.

I know this forum is mostly American and AliExpress is not popular there as it is elsewhere, but maybe someone knows about a good honest seller?

There’s a CNI laser store there, it says “official” but...
Can anyone vouch for that seller? or any other sellers you have dealt with?

Thanks!

Encap

What Country are you in?
What do you want to purchase?
AliExpress is AliExpress either you like and trust them and their buyer protection program or you don't.

Searching AliExpress for "CNI" or "CNI laser" or "Official CNI" returns 0 results ---no hits.
Seriously doubt they have a store or sell anything on AliExpress no need to/no reason to--yes, they have a listing on Alibaba where you can contact CNI directly but not on AliExpress.
You are better off buying any CNI product directly from CNI or one of their distributors. See: http://www.cnilaser.com/Contact.htm
and also: http://www.cnilaser.com/sales_terms.htm

Last edited:

Tomybooy

Hey man.
I’m In israel, and Im interested in a blue 445-450nm with at least 1.6W (I’m not ruling out a 2W or a 3W model), and in a green 532nm with at least 200mw (preferably 500mw).

Regarding the CNI store:

As an experienced member, how does it look to you? Any chance those are actual CNI lasers?

Also, I wasn’t referring only to that store.
Some of them looks legit while others really doesn’t.
I was just wondering if someone got any experience with one of the “legit looking” sellers and can share he’s opinion..

The way I see it, all those Chinese scam websites who sells lasers with nonexistent outputs at unjustified overpriced prices - AliExpress have those items in like half the price.

China is China. No one is going to send me a 5W laser for $60, but in China as in China, a lot of the times you can find the same exact product from an honest sales man who’s just trying to make a living without ripping people off..

I’ve talked with sellers who told me that their 5 billion trillion W green laser advertised is actually 50mw and that it’s the strongest green laser they sell and that I shouldn’t buy a green laser from them if I’m interested in a stronger laser. IDK, sounds like honest people to me..

Check this one out:

Seller has told me this is a 1.6W laser,
and I think it could be.
What do you think?

Mainly, I think that even if it’s not the real output of the laser, at least it’s cheaper then buying the same shitty laser from one of those scam sites for way more money.

Thoughts?..

Encap

That "CNILasers Official Store" you gave a link a bogus/fake CNI Official store
It does not sell or offer a single CNI product--not one. Is just some moron calling himself CNI
Has nothing at all to do with the real laser manufacturer CNI that I gave you links to and nothing at all.

As far as other resellers on AliExpress are concerned --their is no way to answer your question---there are thousands upon thousands of resellers all selling and tell the same lies about the same low quality garbage lasers--all over China.
You take your chances buying from any of them. Only the experience of actually buying and receiving something from any one of them, can really say anything about any of them or the products they resell.
Think means nothing--they all lie and misrepresent and will say anything for a few pennies--None of them actually make anything---is all middleman reseller mania of as many types as exists.
Might get a good one , might get a bad one.
Pretty much nobody bothers with AliExpress here on LPF for several reasons.

If you want a high quality laser from the manufacturer of the product --
See: https://www.jetlasers.org/index.php
and
https://www.sanwulasers.com/

Last edited:

Tomybooy

I get what your saying, but those sites are just too rich for my blood..

GSS

I would avoid "Laserpointerstore"..
Yes they have some cheap Thor's that can do 1.6W to 3W. Problem is the Thor's have a "chance" to last but if yours is one that doesn't, they "Laserpointerstore" will ignore you and will not cover you like there so called "great customer service". The owner "tommy" is all about greed.
If you noticed there's alot of newbie's posting about there Thor's not working all of the sudden.
They can last but if you choose the Thor make sure you have a option of payment where you might get your money back.

As for the 532's, you will not find a cheap unit outputting 200mw's to 500mw's. Don't fall for even a 532 doing 200mw claim even if it's $50..
Your best bet is a couple 532 301's or 303's units for $6 each and one of them should come in close to 80mw.
Cheapest decent 300mw, 400mw, 532's are probably $250 to $300 from "Jet lasers" but that seems out of your budget.

Tomybooy

I would avoid "Laserpointerstore"..
Yes they have some cheap Thor's that can do 1.6W to 3W. Problem is the Thor's have a "chance" to last but if yours is one that doesn't, they "Laserpointerstore" will ignore you and will not cover you like there so called "great customer service". The owner "tommy" is all about greed.
If you noticed there's alot of newbie's posting about there Thor's not working all of the sudden.
They can last but if you choose the Thor make sure you have a option of payment where you might get your money back.

As for the 532's, you will not find a cheap unit outputting 200mw's to 500mw's. Don't fall for even a 532 doing 200mw claim even if it's $50..
Your best bet is a couple 532 301's or 303's units for $6 each and one of them should come in close to 80mw.
Cheapest decent 300mw, 400mw, 532's are probably $250 to $300 from "Jet lasers" but that seems out of your budget.

Thanks man.
If that’s the case with the greens, i guess i will go for a simple 100mw and hope for the best..

Regarding the blue, I hear ya.
But please tell me, the link that I posted to the gold plated laser, is that also a Thor laser?

Also, can you recommend a different site that actually describes the real output and is not highly priced like jetlasers and sanuw?

GSS

I don't see a link of a gold plated host?
Somewhere here member "RedCowBoy" showed a link of 2 532's he recently purchased for cheap that did 114mw or 120mw??
Search his posts and you will find it, It was probably a week ago when he showed the units..

Last edited:

Tomybooy

I don't see a link of a gold plated host?
Somewhere here member "RedCowBoy" showed a link of 2 532's he recently purchased for cheap that did 114mw or 120mw??
Search his posts and you will find it, I was probably a week ago when he showed the units..

I will. Thanks.
Update: I did. Couldn't find the thread :/
And yeah my bad with the gold plated:
This one supposed to be 2W..

Last edited:

GSS

Might be close to 2W. For $60 it's not a bad package and a nice host. In time you will need better glasses, and batterys.
Being that your in Israel it might be just about your only option.
We all have to start somewhere.. and even if its only a 1.5W its still no joke and a dangerous burning laser..

GSS

Go to post #7

Tomybooy

Might be close to 2W. For $60 it's not a bad package and a nice host. In time you will need better glasses, and batterys.
Being that your in Israel it might be just about your only option.
We all have to start somewhere.. and even if its only a 1.5W its still no joke and a dangerous burning laser..

Exactly my thoughts.
Even if it’s not a real 2W, I just can’t believe it will be a 100mw laser..
I don’t have an LPM since they are not cheap, but I think I will take my chance with the blue one..
Green is a different story from what I’ve read here, so that will be a cheap 100mw I guess.

Thanks for the link and the help! :)

Reactions: GSS

GSS

The blue will be in the 1W to 2W range.. Test the saftey glasses that come with it on the side lens first to get an idea of how they work.
Get better glasses before you next laser purchase..;)

Tomybooy

The blue will be in the 1W to 2W range.. Test the saftey glasses that come with it on the side lens first to get an idea of how they work.
Get better glasses before you next laser purchase..;)

If that’s will be the actual range - Works for me :))

About the glasses, yeah, I actually ordered other glasses + other batteries even before I decided which laser to buy 😬

While we’re at it, is it possible to use 4 16340 3.7V instead of 2 18650? (don’t know the V of the 18650 that’s required for this kind of laser)

GSS

No No, no more than 2 cells. A total of 8.4V max as the 16340's and 18650's run from 3.7V to 4.2V..
Use the provided battery tube properly. Take it off when using 2 16340's.

Last edited:

Tomybooy

No No, no more than 2 cells. A total of 8.4V max as the 16340's and 18650's run from 3.7V to 4.2V..
Use the provided battery tube properly. Take it of when using 2 16340's.

You lost me lol
By cell you mean battery?
And what do you mean by battery tube?
And if you said only use 2 cells then what do you mean afterwards when you said to take the tube out when using 2 16340?
Should I use them or not?

And also, if I want to buy extra batteries for this laser, so what is the V and the mah necessary?