Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone else having problems with youtube?

NKO29

Well I have Adblock and I can view vids... Maybe yours is corrupt/malfunctioning?

I'm not sure. I downloaded the "screwads" plugin and now I'm good to go. It's working

Maybe check if you accidentally blocked a delivery network for youtube. Sometimes that happens if you manually tell your ad-blocking plugin to block a site or content block.

JLSE

Looks like the issue was with my adblocker. Youtube seems to have changed something on their website that doesn't allowed you to view videos if you have ads blocked. Hmm, very frustrating! I hate ads!

Now, I'm not sure why but every time I try to tinker with my adblock settings it seems to block me from viewing any videos for a while even if the plugins are disabled. Anyone else using an adblocker on chrome and not having any issues?

Thanks to everyone who helped. JSLE I'll have to keep that one in mind next time I have issues.

If you're not using firefox, that process shouldnt appear in your list, I didnt notice it was with chrome.

With firefox, I just get the odd freeze on YT with FF. Sometimes if you click another video
while one is playing it hangs, I find myself ending that process at least once a day, and it
always works. To think of it, I never had any issue with YT and FF until that process
showed up in their updates, FF now occupies 2 separate processes when on a site with flash.:gun:

Last edited:
Maybe check if you accidentally blocked a delivery network for youtube. Sometimes that happens if you manually tell your ad-blocking plugin to block a site or content block.

I guess it's possible. I usually don't block things though.

If you're not using firefox, that process shouldnt appear in your list, I didnt notice it was with chrome.

With firefox, I just get the odd freeze on YT with FF. Sometimes if you click another video
while one is playing it hangs, I find myself ending that process at least once a day, and it
always works. To think of it, I never had any issue with YT and FF until that process
showed up in their updates, FF now occupies 2 separate processes when on a site with flash.:gun:

Yeah I didn't see it either but I switch from FF to chrome from time to time and it helps to know that.