Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any vapor or e-cig users here?

Hi,
Just a few pics of my vape i run it on 2-18350's

Attachments

• IMG_2226.JPG
    IMG_2226.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2227.JPG
    IMG_2227.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2228.JPG
    IMG_2228.JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 78

GSS

Lifetime, can you carry that with you using some caution? It looks like its also a high end and maby something I should wait for till I see how I do.

Thanks for all the info and help but please tell me i'll pick up quick:eek: I wish I could just say "I smoke Marlboro's so I need its equivlant", but vaping seems to be like said a hobby and a lifestyle now on top of a ciggarette suppressant.
I would like something to carry around without any worrying of spilling or setup and not needed a different house vape. I have some reading to do thats for sure as I have no clue of the tech terms you mention:thinking:
Here's another silly one, now vaping should help the usual weight gain issue's that come with quitting smoking?:)

I think that weight gain is almost inevitable when quiting smoking. There's so many chemicals in them thangs and who knows which ones are really causing the desired effect that each person likes from smoking. Having that said, since you are switching to another nicotine product, I believe you are in luck!

-From Google -
"As nicotine is an appetite suppressant and smokers expend more energy, weight gain due to smoking cessation is generally attributed to increased caloric intake and a slowed metabolic rate. Weight gain can be a deterrent in the smoking cessation process, even if many smokers did not smoke for weight control purposes"

Now seeing as personally I didn't experience any weight gain issues, I know when I quit all nicotine products for (2) years I did gain about 10lbs. But since I have been vaping I haven't had that problem. Honestly for me, the only thing lacking from vaping is the fullness effect that ones gets from cigarettes. After a week of straight vape use, my brain and body had made the switch no issue.

Lifetime, can you carry that with you using some caution? It looks like its also a high end and maby something I should wait for till I see how I do.

Ahhh GSS- Lifetimes setup is exactly what you need right there!! Great to carry around, easy to use, and will be able to use thicker juices with more vegetable glycerin in them.

HI,
Thanks CK,
Gss I will set you up with one if you like i have about 3 = nice Aspire colored carbon fiber hosts with light up mode buttons new i don't use just need a dripper and some juice. You have a charger and 18650's you will be good to go . Contact you after work buddy..

Rich:)

Benm

I've heard there are some juices that resemble cigs closely.. check juicedb for tobacco flavors and read reviews.

I will tell you 18MG is way to high to take a proper hit and it not burn your throat.

Is it the nicotine that burns your throat? It's not a major problem for me, but i'm surprised how harsh the vapour actually is. I think non-smokers would have a hard time inhaling it.

As for the big custom things: They're cool, but not something i'm going to carry around. I tried one that was about the size of a 25-box of cigarettes once, pretty impressive could of vapour, but it didn't seem to deliver that much nicotine.

Higher VG liquid with lower nicotine content will burn a lot less. Personally I like about 1.5mg, with 70-80% vg content.

I also prefer lower nic and higher vg. I started out using 70-80% VG with 3mg nic. Now I mainly vape 6mg Max VG juices. In my toptank I sometimes use 12mg juice or cut it with six for a ~9mg juice.

PG creates that "throat hit" that a lot of smokers miss. Higher VG makes for a smoother vape. Although a lot flavorings can produce harshness as well. I recently received a pear flavor that is pretty unusable to me.

94Z28

Is it the nicotine that burns your throat? It's not a major problem for me, but i'm surprised how harsh the vapour actually is. I think non-smokers would have a hard time inhaling it.

As for the big custom things: They're cool, but not something i'm going to carry around. I tried one that was about the size of a 25-box of cigarettes once, pretty impressive could of vapour, but it didn't seem to deliver that much nicotine.

Yes the nicotine gives the burning throat hit. You can use high nic juices with higher ohm coils (mouth to lung)

But with a setup like my .4ohm isub 5 and the tarot 200wtc box mod it would kill your throat.. I use 3% nic.. and 50/50 juice or a 70/30 vg/pg.

35d3ghc.jpg

Here's a pic of my EDC
2rqoksz.jpg

Last edited:

Benm

I don't use anything that impressive ;)

As for nicotine content: If you have a solution that is 1.5 mg/ml you'd have to vape half a ml of that to get to the nicotine level of 1 cigarette. That'd be about 10 ml a day for a pack-a-day equivalent, which seems a large amount to me, or is using that much normal?

I use kangertech evod without any modification, no idea how hot that really gets inside though. It's definitely delivering the nicotine, the vapour is not very dense, but still has something to it that feels 'sharper' than real cigarettes.

The disposables i've tried before listed 12 mg/ml nicotine levels but didn't really produce much vapour and very little nicotine as far as i could feel it.

Using Smok Cube II, and TFV4 tank with .15 quad coils, usually at 65-75W. One full tank does work out to be less than one cigarette, but personally I do feel the nicotine at that level, and past that end up getting a nicotine high which I'm not really a fan of. Though it does work to help stay awake. Most people vape at 3mg+, but very few in my personal experience go past 10mg. Lately I treat vaping about the same way I treated smoking the last several years, and limit myself mostly to times that I'm also drinking.

Edit: End result http://laserpointerforums.com/f61/veterans-post-picture-yourself-39322-65.html#post1438168 :p

Last edited:

Benm

Hehe, if you're ever out of a job i guess you could apply for a position as a fog machine at the local disco :D

I'll try ordering some liquids with differnt PG/G ratios though, just to see what difference that makes.

Reactions: GSS