Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any vapor or e-cig users here?

94Z28

So I was just curious how many of you guys are using vapes or e cig? I started with a Kanter tech K-Box and got sick of their leaky tanks.. put a isub 5 5ml tank on it and that has lasted me 3 months of no cigarette and vaping only!

Now I'm making my own e juice clones (contact me for samples ;) lol) and also just bought a vaporesso tarot 200w to upgrade my kbox 50w mod.

I am thinking of getting into drippers for at home use.. and I MUST say that ecig vapor is GREAT for visible laser beams! It's made a big difference in my life after being a smoker for 10 years.

GSS

Not yet and seriously procrastinating for months now. Initially for helping me to stop smoking and Dtr's modules. Now that Dtr's not selling modules its time to go with the none smoking help.
94Z I might just PM you with some questions as how and what to buy to get started. Its time to stop smoking ciggs just for the sake of seeing better beams. I haven't come across a full smoke shop that carry's in my area but again i'm not looking to hard either.
Really happy for you that it seems to work:)

GSS- When I quit from smoking 1-1.5 packs of camel a day, the only real issue i had with the transition was the flavor. I loved the flavor of cigarettes (still do to this day after 2.5 years) and the flavoring of the available juices at the time were mainly fruity and or vanilla custard types. Which I was not a fan of at all at the time. Now with so many flavors out, a little research on the net will be able to closely match the flavor of your favorite smokes.

Another smaller issue I had was that cigarettes give a very specific feeling in the mind/body and vaping with a nicotine only product didn't necessarily give me the same feeling, at least at first. Cigarettes with its thousands of chemicals will always give a deferent effect but when it comes down to it, the main addiction is to nicotine and that's what I needed. The effect I get from vaping is a hell of alot cleaner feeling in the mind/body and TBH after a couple weeks of no cigs, I literally forgot the feeling of a real cigarette and that made me realize I was finally finished with those!

Now when I first started I stayed at a mid level nicotine strength but was a very heavy vaper from morning till night and from what I have been told from others, that it's better to start with high nicotine and figure out on your own if you need less or not. Not saying that's how it is, but seeing others quit with me I wish I would have done the same.

At times I was vaping so much, probably because I actually love the feeling of taking a huge vape as it gives me a slight burn feeling like cigarettes. But unfortunately it created a hobby out of vaping as I was doing it soooo much. Once you get into rebuildables and different coils/Cotton's it becomes a serious hobby with all the needed tools.

If you can treat vaping like you treat cigarettes where it is a crutch and a way to relieve some stress, instead of making it a hobby or activity like many do, then the transition should be no issue at all. Higher nicotine strengths will help with that since your body will only let you take in so much nicotine before it says NOPE!

I think alot of the bad press with vaping comes from the fact that the juices are safer than cigarettes and people see that as a way to freely and habitually use it. And probably even more bad press is coming from the big tobacco companies that have their pockets getting hurt but people quiting cigarettes.

I have multiple family members who have switched over to the Blu brand and like it because it gives you the same physical feel as cigarettes and the pack itself. Idk everyone I talk to has different reasons why they do like vaping over smokes, haven't met a single person yet that went back to cigarettes.

I also started out with Kanger products about 2 years ago. I had a subtank mini that worked pretty well as i was very interested in RBA. I now have a ipv5 w/ a griffin tank that i love, stainless steel temp control is where it's at :p. I also have a top tank mini that i use in more dangerous situations as it is a tank. Vaping some 6mg honeydew atm. I really want to get into making my own juice and would be interested to see what you have cookin over there :D

Last edited:
Vaping some 6mg honeydew atm. I really want to get into making my own juice and would be interested to see what you have cookin over there :D

ATM I'm enjoying some 'fritter' by cuttwood, have always loved the quality of their products. And recently started trying out the brand 'cosmic fog' and love the quality of their juices. I'm not a fan of PG at all, gives me too much throat irritation and not enough vape. I can deal with a 50/50 PG/VG mix if I have to. But I prefer a 70/30 VG/PG mix as it creates a clean, not irritating vaping experience.

As far as tanks and mods,

I have a mechanical SMPL mod with a DOGE RDA and religiously use a Cuboid 150W Joyetech with newest version DOGE RDA and have a backup Kennedy tank that I'll probably use soon.

Definitely check out FastTech for parts and mods. What I have found out from the hundreds of trips to the smoke shops and getting suckered into buying more crap, was to go see what you like at a physical store, then buy those items online, right off the bat you will save 15-30%. Definitely don't do what I did, I bought my Cuboid with new efest batteries and a DOGE RDA for $120 out the door, ehh not too bad I was satisfied. Untill I got home and found that I could have bought the exact same setup, granted from different online stores, for under $70 :scowl:

Attachments

• IMG_20160821_102527.jpg
    IMG_20160821_102527.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20160821_102502.jpg
    IMG_20160821_102502.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

GSS

Calikirk, exactly what I want to do is check out some local shops and go online to order.
Just like you said also I kinda want it simple and not the big hobby end of vaping. I don't like the fruit flavors that iv'e tried a few times from someone who had one. I'm wanting that similar brand smoke taste that you finally found.
I'm not really sure what I need most, is it the burn feeling I crave, the smoke puff, or is it the nicotine itself? I mean I smoke less by the end of the day cause I start to feel more anxiety. Can I start at a medium nicotine level?
Quiting Camels is no joke and good for you:) I smoke 1/2 to 1 pack a day of filtered PallMalls but I do put them out and then finish it next smoke sometimes.
Any idea's of a starting pattern would be great:eek:

94Z28

Calikirk, exactly what I want to do is check out some local shops and go online to order.
Just like you said also I kinda want it simple and not the big hobby end of vaping. I don't like the fruit flavors that iv'e tried a few times from someone who had one. I'm wanting that similar brand smoke taste that you finally found.
I'm not really sure what I need most, is it the burn feeling I crave, the smoke puff, or is it the nicotine itself? I mean I smoke less by the end of the day cause I start to feel more anxiety. Can I start at a medium nicotine level?
Quiting Camels is no joke and good for you:) I smoke 1/2 to 1 pack a day of filtered PallMalls but I do put them out and then finish it next smoke sometimes.

I smoked Marlboro Reds for 7 years, and the last few years maybe 3-4 i was on Marlboro Lights.. When I first started to vape it was actually like Cali said more-so like a hobby.. I think I got into it because I wanted to quit smoking so bad and I was messing up my vaping at first.

I started by ordering some 12mg nicotine cereal vape, and some 6mg from a rip-off local store (30$ bottles premium stuff) which I thought was too harsh for the throat, and I disliked the premium flavors they sold me in the stores.

About 150$ of juice later, I was discouraged and about to go pick up a Marlboro light cigarette; The "strongman" blueberry-lemonade crap was seriously hurting my throat and it had so much stuff in it that my vaporizer was spitting it back at me more than vaporizing it.

I started researching online for a regular juice, some flavors I would possibly like.. Lower mg nicotine for myself; Ended up coming across MittenVapors.com and i ordered a sample pack of Mitten Cake, Sinking Ship, Baja Blast and the cake one really settled with me ever since. It's supposed to be like a cheesecake type vapor, but after you have vaped a few bottles it's just like vaping a cigarette to me. I enjoyed that flavor so much that I actually ended up making a clone juice myself at home... I'm vaping it right now!

End of the story GSS is that you really have to hunt for that "right flavor" that is what makes all the difference in success or failure of vaping. Nicotine levels and a flavor you can enjoy.... If you don't find that you will be back smoking in no time.

There are many resources for juice reviews; but the biggest one I know of is:

http://juicedb.com

also I'll pm you a website where to get GREAT deals.

Hi,

My Vape simple side fire 510 mech mod 2- 18350's..

Rich:)

Last edited:
I used the down time from a winter flu that laid me up for 4 days to get a few nicotine free days. Picked up some vape gear when i was able to get out of bed. Havent had a cig in 2 years. I dont like the smell of cigarettes anymore. I was a 1 pack + smoker. American spirits. I started smoking in high school.
I have a few box mods and a few tanks. I get my ejuice, cotton, and wire from lightning vapes.

94Z28

Anyone got any suggestions for an at-home dripper? I can build coils well already.... wrapped, clapton, micro, etc... although im building them tiny sized for an RBA i want to get into an RDA soon. It would have to be cheap and work well.

Benm

I've tried it before, using a few disposibles in the past and the last one i got was a kangertech evod and some 18 mg tobacco flavoured juice.

I still really prefer actual cigs though. For some reason it's not really a replacement for me, though it delivers nicotine just fine (perhaps even more that normal cigarettes). I do use them on long haul flights (they don't set off lavatory smoke alarms normally, though those mods with crazy big clouds could).

Guess I just like smoking, both cigarettes (usually luckies or camels) and clove ones (kereteks).

I haven't given up on vaping entirely though, for health reasons it would be wise to vape more and smoke less. What would really be helpful if vaping was more acceptable in places smoking has been banned - restaurants, bars, offices, public transport and such.

Perhaps different juices would have different effects - any tips on what most closely resembles the experience of an actual cigarette?

Id definitely give a 12 or 18mg per ml a try to start out. Since majority of people have a irritant effect from propylene glycol, including myself, I recommend staying with a mixture of at least 50/50 with PG/VG, you will get a burning sensation in your throat and some in your chest. That was very harsh for my throat since I was vaping constantly through the day so I ended up moving to more vegetable glycerin in the mixture. If you like the expansion feeling in your chest when you smoke, then go for a 70/30 VG/PG mixture.

There used to be an issue that although high VG blends provided thicker clouds of vapor, the flavors were very weak but I think that issue has been resolved since I have had 100% VG juice that tasted delicious!

Stay with tanks at first for the ability to carry around without spills, you don't need to deal with that crap. If you like the tanks but want a bigger cloud on exhale then get into the RDAs. The newer tanks that use a 510 threaded mod are all pretty user friendly and besides changing the coils and filling up juice its easy to maintain.

Going right to the RDAs can be a bad move if your not into rebuilding your setup constantly, I personally change my cotton 3-4 times a week and coils probably 1-2 a month and even that can get hectic when your always on the go. Most heavy RDA users will change cotton everyday, some even change coils every single day, I do agree if your using different juices with different nicotine contents that changing cotton is a must. There's nothing like taking a vape hit with clean coils and clean cotton and TBH that's probably why so many people change their setups so much. I'm too lazy!! Ha

They also have throw away tanks which some are good but most are crap, although they do give you the ability to start fresh with a new one and not much work involved.

As far as the mods themselves. I don't think there's any reason to go right to a box mod as they tend to be more expensive. Albeit if you can source one on the net for cheap then the price will be close to what you'd pay for a quality mechanical mod in store.

Box mods do give you the ability to fine tune your settings for the different types of juices, coils, cotton etc.. mechanical mods for the most part are an all power all the time thing. I started out with a mechanical and I did enjoy it at first, but since I had to take mine with me everywhere, I was finding myself breaking and having to repair the mods themselves often. Having a heavier box mod with a wider footprint was alot easier to leave wherever without the thought of dropping it. Idk maybe I'm just clumsy lol..

Idk there are so many options and so many different designs that one can choose from. It seems that every person I see vaping lately have setups that I haven't seen before and it's always a toss up on favorites when talking to people. I really wish you all the best with quiting cigarettes, or even just cutting back, its a hard thing to do, no doubt!

Last edited:

94Z28

I've tried it before, using a few disposibles in the past and the last one i got was a kangertech evod and some 18 mg tobacco flavoured juice.

I still really prefer actual cigs though. For some reason it's not really a replacement for me, though it delivers nicotine just fine (perhaps even more that normal cigarettes). I do use them on long haul flights (they don't set off lavatory smoke alarms normally, though those mods with crazy big clouds could).

Guess I just like smoking, both cigarettes (usually luckies or camels) and clove ones (kereteks).

I haven't given up on vaping entirely though, for health reasons it would be wise to vape more and smoke less. What would really be helpful if vaping was more acceptable in places smoking has been banned - restaurants, bars, offices, public transport and such.

Perhaps different juices would have different effects - any tips on what most closely resembles the experience of an actual cigarette?

I've heard there are some juices that resemble cigs closely.. check juicedb for tobacco flavors and read reviews.

I will tell you 18MG is way to high to take a proper hit and it not burn your throat.

GSS

Thanks for all the info and help but please tell me i'll pick up quick:eek: I wish I could just say "I smoke Marlboro's so I need its equivlant", but vaping seems to be like said a hobby and a lifestyle now on top of a ciggarette suppressant.
I would like something to carry around without any worrying of spilling or setup and not needed a different house vape. I have some reading to do thats for sure as I have no clue of the tech terms you mention:thinking:
Here's another silly one, now vaping should help the usual weight gain issue's that come with quitting smoking?:)

94Z, i'm going to really go over that sight you sent when I get the time.

Last edited: