Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Any stores in the U.S that sell laser's?

I don't mean the little key-chain ones that you attach to your backpack or anything like that. I'm talking about a REAL laser shop. It would be so much easier if I didn't have to order them at sites on the internet. It would also give me peace at mind about the customs issue, even though it doesn't happen often. I live in North Carolina, If that narrow's it down at all.:yh:

Fenzir

A store like that would be wrong in so many ways.
I think radioshack sells a 5mw green pen for $70.

Kevlar

Oh well, not that I know of or ever heard of. I can't imagine there is. Lasers are kind of "niche" business. Only certain people (not many relatively speaking) are into them. I wouldn't think a store like that would be able to keep it's doors open. They would have too much overhead. Just sell on-line and reach a much bigger audience.

I saw you were concerned with customs so with a U.S. (web) store I wouldn't think there would be an issue.

I saw you were concerned with customs so with a U.S. (web) store I wouldn't think there would be an issue.
Yeah, i'm considering using Amazon . com, it seems like it would be the safest, since i have bought from there many times.

ARG

I don't think there is a walk-in laser store anywhere in the world. Especially not in the US with your 5mW limit.

I don't think there is a walk-in laser store anywhere in the world. Especially not in the US with your 5mW limit.
True, I'm sure if I use something like Craigslist, I could find someone with a semi-powerful laser. Hopefully. :undecided:

Kmor2004

Doubt it, craigs list is mostly household stuff or typical factory things like lathes, mills, drills, that stuff, lasers are pretty specific.

JBTexas

Survival Lasers is distributing to a couple of stores, I think.

Edmund Scientific used to have a "walk in store" a few years ago, and they sell lasers.

Radio shack. But your not getting anything above 3mW. I got one, it was really weak, and nothing to my 50mW, so I sold it on eBay for three times the price XD.

chipdouglas

it's not like a store like that isn't possible. Not many people could afford a real high powered US FDA compliant laser. And on top of that, if there was a walk in store, it would more than likely be in a higher populated state than NC. So the answer you are looking for is NO.

michael.

Opentoe

You'll never find a brick and mortar place in NJ that sells lasers. NJ is one of the most restricted states there is. Can't carry a knife a certain length, not allowed to pump our own fuel. NJ is pathetic and has goofy laws in place.