Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any option to upgrade my cheap green laser <200mw 532nm? I can’t even scratch up a black plastic

syarman5091

I bought a lot of laser so far, but it’s my fault, I tried not to spend too much on laser. my question is, is it any way I could modify it, maybe change something to upgrade it? at least I can scatch up a black plastic surface. it’s my target for now, maybe after this I would spend more to buy a good ones...

It depends on what you have. A photo would be helpful. The least expensive 532nm lasers are the 301 and 303 on eBay and they are anywhere from 50 mW to 85 mW in my experience. Many come with a focusing lens on the front. If you focus one of these lasers about 4 inches away from your black plastic down to the smallest dot you can get, they will be able to melt black plastic. How fast they do this depends on the power level.

i got a 80mW from sanwu and that dosnt even burn :( sad but true
im not even mentioning the "burning laser" from laserpointerpro grrrr 100mW
neither burn..i given up

80 & 100mW are not going to burn anything if they're focused to infinity. You need to focus those powers down to a fine point to get a couple of wisps of smoke from a black material.

a
I bought a lot of laser so far, but it’s my fault, I tried not to spend too much on laser. my question is, is it any way I could modify it, maybe change something to upgrade it? at least I can scratch up a black plastic surface. it’s my target for now, maybe after this I would spend more to buy a good ones...
You have 'set the bar' very low---making things smoke is kinda like what kids like to do.
With a mag glass you can focus any laser to where in MIGHT burn black objects-- BUT the lens in our eyes will do the same.. THUS ....
no laser is eye safe as we know and understand.

LASTLY show SOME people this burning is NOT good for us.
Some want them outlawed and dangerous and its these activites
that do not need to be happening. (except in 'private')

syarman5091

It depends on what you have. A photo would be helpful. The least expensive 532nm lasers are the 301 and 303 on eBay and they are anywhere from 50 mW to 85 mW in my experience. Many come with a focusing lens on the front. If you focus one of these lasers about 4 inches away from your black plastic down to the smallest dot you can get, they will be able to melt black plastic. How fast they do this depends on the power level.
I bought a lot of laser so far, but it’s my fault, I tried not to spend too much on laser. my question is, is it any way I could modify it, maybe change something to upgrade it? at least I can scatch up a black plastic surface. it’s my target for now, maybe after this I would spend more to buy a good ones...

I tried to post a photo but the file is too large... I’ll find the right lens to add up, anyway, thanks buddy...
a
You have 'set the bar' very low---making things smoke is kinda like what kids like to do.
With a mag glass you can focus any laser to where in MIGHT burn black objects-- BUT the lens in our eyes will do the same.. THUS ....
no laser is eye safe as we know and understand.

LASTLY show SOME people this burning is NOT good for us.
Some want them outlawed and dangerous and its these activites
that do not need to be happening. (except in 'private')
yeah... it’s true... now I’m searching for the right lens that I think I’ll use two. a bit challenging to make used other product for a great result. anyway, thanks for your sharing...

GSS

I tried to post a photo but the file is too large... I’ll find the right lens to add up, anyway, thanks buddy...

yeah... it’s true... now I’m searching for the right lens that I think I’ll use two. a bit challenging to make used other product for a great result. anyway, thanks for your sharing...
There is no right lenses for the laser I think you have.
You just will have to save $40 to $60 and get a more powerful laser with some safety glasses..
If you wan't any WOW factor with the laser you have now, I would try popping a black balloon..