Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any one know how to remove dye

No oyster season for us til november thanks to BP- normally we have them fresh in every month with a 'r' in it.

Last time i ate a dozen my GF told me I should get my $$ back as only 3 were 'good'

boscoj

yup, BP really put a crimp in my "Messican Shrimps" . . .

but the fishes will bounce back faster than the economy I would guess . . .

No oyster season for us til november thanks to BP- normally we have them fresh in every month with a 'r' in it.

Last time i ate a dozen my GF told me I should get my $$ back as only 3 were 'good'

I remember . . . back in 2000 . . . my friend somehow got hold of some fake $100 bills . . . in fact I tipped him off . . .

It was the black "Federal Reserve System" stamp that was not set . . .

I licked my left thumb and drug it across the seal . . . it smeared . . .

It passed the pen test interestingly . . .

Interesting one of these bills has a red check above the seal . . .

P1000228.JPG
I have been told that I look like a cross between Ben Franklin and the Cowardly Lion(Wiz of Oz)

Odd coinsidence- Leonard= Lion hearted.

Franklin was the first to say that most women are the same with a bag over thier heads(in his case he said a basket)
He tried very hard to get the Wild Turkey made as the USA national bird rather than the Bald Eagle. He experimented with eating things that made farts smell better.

Hoof hearted??

Ice melted.!!

boscoj

He prolly meant you look like a Lion battery . .

Take 1

Take 2 Less Inflated . . .

Take 3 really underinflated

Last edited:
Yeah I 'd say that worked!! less than second-

you the first to post a vid for me ==thanks-
I sent out several dozen with the diodes. No need to mark them with a black sharpie!!!

I dont know how many will have 445s at SELEM in NC on the 21st but i will set up a ballon pop-off to see who is the 'quickest' and 'hottest' on the draw in our suite at the Hoilday Inn Express. Should make an interesting video. I guess I will set up three balloons per 'shooter'

There will be 30+ full color state-o-de-art projectors on 'display' there. You can find You-Tube videos from last year. Just search SELEM.

Long ass drive(18 hrs) but it will be worth it.

boscoj

fraid I can't make NC but I may send you one of my *new* drivers . . . "Coming Soon" . . .

HIMNL9

If the dye is organic, a last resort that works like a charm is caustic soda or similar.....

:eek: AAARGH ! :eek:

I made this mistake once ..... i was working with a friend, at his home, on one of his mech-electric projects, and at the end, took a bottle of that what was looking as "hand soap" for wash off my hands ..... oh, it was cleaning very good, immediately the grease and all the rest was going away ..... only, after 4 or 5 seconds, it started to burn :p ..... i washed quickly my hands with water, and continued for 5 or 6 minutes, before it stop to burn, and for all the time i was feeling my hands burning and "feeling soaped" ..... that damn thing was concentrated caustic soda for clean industrial machines (to be used diluited 30/1 :p), that he had stored in a hand soap bottle, and the "soapy" feeling was the external layers of my skin, slowly melting :eek:

I was lucky, i reached to clean it all away before to have any permanent damage, but when it stopped to burn, i looked my hands, and had no more fingerprints, and the skin remained very sensitive for more than a week ..... i had washed off all the external layers of the skin :p

I personally don't suggest to use caustic soda ..... :p

JLSE

LOL! Thats bad! I guess it can be used for two things, 1- removing fingerprints before encountering the dye, and then removing the dye... Though you may not have any skin left, but plenty of $$$ ;)

I would also not recommend pouring it in PURE form! This is why I said >dilute< a little. I have used this before, but never received and burns or loss of prints. In small amounts it will work safely.

Had you have used 'Drano' crystals, theres a whole mix of nasty stuff in there, sodium metal being one of them... the burns would have been quite bad.

:eek: AAARGH ! :eek:

I made this mistake once ..... i was working with a friend, at his home, on one of his mech-electric projects, and at the end, took a bottle of that what was looking as "hand soap" for wash off my hands ..... oh, it was cleaning very good, immediately the grease and all the rest was going away ..... only, after 4 or 5 seconds, it started to burn :p ..... i washed quickly my hands with water, and continued for 5 or 6 minutes, before it stop to burn, and for all the time i was feeling my hands burning and "feeling soaped" ..... that damn thing was concentrated caustic soda for clean industrial machines (to be used diluited 30/1 :p), that he had stored in a hand soap bottle, and the "soapy" feeling was the external layers of my skin, slowly melting :eek:

I was lucky, i reached to clean it all away before to have any permanent damage, but when it stopped to burn, i looked my hands, and had no more fingerprints, and the skin remained very sensitive for more than a week ..... i had washed off all the external layers of the skin :p

I personally don't suggest to use caustic soda ..... :p

HIMNL9

LOL! Thats bad! I guess it can be used for two things, 1- removing fingerprints before encountering the dye, and then removing the dye... Though you may not have any skin left, but plenty of $$$ ;)

I would also not recommend pouring it in PURE form! This is why I said >dilute< a little. I have used this before, but never received and burns or loss of prints. In small amounts it will work safely.

Had you have used 'Drano' crystals, theres a whole mix of nasty stuff in there, sodium metal being one of them... the burns would have been quite bad.

Well, i ensure you i had never used it, if i was knowing first that the damn thing was not handsoap :p :D

Don't know about "drano", sorry, we don't have anything with that name in shops here (or, at least, i never seen anything with this name).

JLSE

Well, i ensure you i had never used it, if i was knowing first that the damn thing was not handsoap :p :D

Don't know about "drano", sorry, we don't have anything with that name in shops here (or, at least, i never seen anything with this name).

Its a drain cleaner product for clogged drains... Eats away anything organic like food, grease, hair etc.

I had worked with dye's and had used this to get bad staining out of my finger nails and counter top where dye had spilled. Excellent stuff, but also rapidly heats the water it contacts and can give thermal plus chemical burns if the raw product is put directly on skin.

I think another cleaner that is similar, but dont quote me on it, is oven cleaner spray. IIRC, it is similar in what it can do, but doubt that oven cleaner has as much variety in what chemicals the Drano crystals contain..

I'd have to say that a 'hand-cleaner' bottle is a poor choice to store nasty chemicals. It makes for angry unsuspecting victims.

HIMNL9

I'd have to say that a 'hand-cleaner' bottle is a poor choice to store nasty chemicals. It makes for angry unsuspecting victims.

Say it to me ..... LOL

I also keep any type of dangerous substances in all the types of containers i can find ..... but, AT LEAST, they are not reachable from any peoples, and i wrote on the containers what's inside :p

(BTW, if you find in my chemical store place some coke bottles with brown liquids inside, that have "n-phosphonomethyl-glicine" or "c6h5nh2" written on them, please don't drink them, it's NOT the secret formula of coke ..... j/k :p :D)

Never a good idea to re-purpose bottles without a big fat label to let the world know what is in it now--- 5 seconds using a magic marker can save somebody a lot of grief!!!

watched a guy take a big sniff from an old gallon water bottle that had concentrated ammonia in it-- not funny - but the look on his face!!!-- I hold such containers at a distance and waff the fumes towards me with my hand..also saw a guy take a swig from a bottle of white vinegar thinking it was water-- now that was funny.....especially when it came out his nose!!

Last edited:

ICU

^^^ Ditto on the marker.

Went to a buddies house before heading out for bowling one night, his mom had dropped off a care package, she'd brought over some food and cleaning stuff for him.

He was making up dinner and came out of the kitchen hollering "that old woman is trying to kill me", she had used a salad dressing bottle to hold pine-sol and forgot to mark it as such, he hadn't dumped it on his salad cuz it looked a little funny and he smelled it first.

Now whenever she brings something over he asks, your not mad at me for anything are ya? or you didn't go get an insurance policy on me did ya?:crackup:

jooopy

You know Hak if you just paint the rest of yourself nobody will really notice. Just tell 'em your not really "from" Texas but just here for the OIL!! You nut! BTW Got my lenses. Yellow balloons too but somebody beat me to the vid. Thanx brother~west Texas control

You know Hak if you just paint the rest of yourself nobody will really notice. Just tell 'em your not really "from" Texas but just here for the OIL!! You nut! BTW Got my lenses. Yellow balloons too but somebody beat me to the vid. Thanx brother~west Texas control
NOOO --------- you can still do a video--try this --line up 3 or 4 and pop them one at a time-side by side or in a row.

or put one inside another and another -blow up all three with a space between them then pop all three by doing the outside one first.

I saw a video with a black balloon inside of a condom--the inside one popped first then the 'clear' condom--but these 445s are so hot that may not work.

also if you blow up the balloon with some 'kind' of smoke it adds to the effect-

-anyone try popping a mylar balloon yet?? watch out for the reflection!!!

I sent out many yellow balloons as 'packing peanuts' with 'HAK' Sharpied on them-- were are my 'free advertizing' vids ya'll???

Len