Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any one here own Spyder III and JetLaser PL-E Pro ?

Let's do a break down eh?
Do you know where Wicked Lasers's lasers are made?
They are made in China just like everyone else , as someone who LIVES in China I can tell you the workmanship difference caN REAALLY wildly vary.
A dollar paid is not a dollar received.

Now I don't personally own a WickedLaser so it would be unfair for me to judge, but from the over 3 years of buyer experience documented on LPF , WickedLaser's reputation is a bit... charred to say the least.

There are many other lasers manufacturered and sold by more reputable companies.
Such as JetLaser , which is jointly operated by one of our forum members

ONLY for sake of accuracy-- Gray is AFAIK 'lead' sales NOT JL 'operator' just yet-BUT if a vote was taken here he would be in charge of JL ---someday maybe) What Gray really is: a very honorable caring person- wants all to be happy- & he understands us much better than 99% of china- his approval rate amoungst *most* my 70 or so GB owners is 10 out of 10--

I have NO qualms about bank transferring >$5k USD MANY TIMES (7 AT LEAST) BUT the others EH mentioned are also good choices with highly rated service- almost MORE important (or EQUAL) THAN THE LASER ITSELF..

CNI , Dragon Laser - which uses the same manufacturing plant , Dragon laser allegedly gets the best batch , you be the judge.
LaserGlow , TOP of the line VERY expensive stuff , it's the Rolls Royce of portable lasers.

If you're into just the color but not the DPSS process , you can always opt for custom built lasers built by the many lasersmiths on the forum .
the 520nm diodes are quite a bit more sturdy than the 532DPSS modules so there are choices here.

good help EH-- +6 when system allows

Last edited:

Thanx for your comments and guidance guys!!:worthy:

your very welcome-- I cant imagine what it must be like to live there and need to worry about lost packages etc..& I dont suppose there are any laser makers there...

One thing that helps is using the most expensive express delivery (dhl if you can) - as it seems they dont often open these and thus slow down the delivery-
so use them NOT for the fast delivery but for safe delivery alone.

AFAIK only a big company like JETLASERS can guarantee delivery to any place.

Thank you for the post.

Yes, i requested UPS (payed extra $15), since i know everyone at UPS here, i can make this go in without any problem... lets see what happens.

Next purchase will be a JetLaser unit... in the future.

If you get the PL-E pro 4W 445nm focusable, stick with a short on duty cycle, I'd stay under 90 seconds. give it long cool off cycles. I degraded the diode in mine already by not leaving it off for long enough... I think. it gets warm quick, it's a ton of power. make sure and get the beam expander. the unit is not without flaws, but it's hard to beat price wise, and in the customer service department, jetlasers is unmatched.

here is a review I did on the 445nm, there are a few things I could add to it now, been being lazy

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/pl-e-pro-4w-focusable-445nm-review-89212.html

^^ very good advice-
I tell people this--
If the outside is warmish - the 'innards' are warmer- if very warm to touch the insides are hot
If the outside is hot on the outside of the laser - you are killing your laser- remember NO heat sink NOT actively cooled ( ie fan-TEC/fan) then the coolest temp the laser can drop to is the ambient- longer duty cycles can be used when its very cold outside and shorter if it near or over the 100F outside.

NO diode from any PJ is NOT actively cooled- they all have a big heatsink-
and at least a powerful fan ( the Kasios have 3 for the diode array)on the fins --ALSO they AFAIK are never ran at full power-
so taking al that into consideration AND the rep these have for being very 'robust' they can handle the heat better than others- BUT my take on that--
go easy and enjoy for years to come--

hak