Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any Laser Module 850nm - (-40℃!) ?

echach

Hi guys, I need a laser module which can work at -40℃ degrees for one of my project. Anybody knows that kind of module?

Not sure about the wavelength...

For the rest of the question, I believe that this may be a DIY kind of project and let us know what happens.. That's pretty cold though...

I'm very happy to make this post my 700th post. :beer:
Lovin' it!

Hopefully someone else here can help more :/

850 is an LED wavelength. Lasers will more commonly be available in 808nm or 835nm. Tell us more about your project please.

There are any possibilities to heat the laser..?

Laserlands has 850nm. If its legit or not, don't ask me :D

850nm 7mW dot

Last edited:
There are any possibilities to heat the laser..?

Laserlands has 850nm. If its legit or not, don't ask me :D

850nm 7mW dot

The specs of that only say -10'C to +40'C - I think OP is looking for something that works cryogenically. Why does the operating temperature have to be so low, OP? If you do (miraculously) manage to find a diode that works at all at that temperature it's going to be unstable and dim at best.

Many moons ago... I did a test by placing a IR laser diode (I think it was an 808nm) in a laboratory beaker with pure acetone cooled by dry ice (to about -78℃). Once the laser diode was triggered you can "see" the beam by the path of bubbles created by the heat. :eg:

850 is an LED wavelength. Lasers will more commonly be available in 808nm or 835nm. Tell us more about your project please.

It is becoming a laser diode wavelenght as well, because of the many nightvision applications in the military.

Finding such a diode ain't the problem nowadays.

850nm 2W 100?M Aperture C Mount Laser Diode with Fac Lens | eBay

Laser Diode 1 5Watt 1500mw 850nm Infrared C Mount SDL 2365 Burning Illumination | eBay

grab the diode from junktronix he's a trusted forum member + a ceramic heater to bring it ithe right temp range for 850nm lasing + lens + housing+driver

typical DIY-project :beer: