Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another Wicked Lasers Victim!

I wish I would have found this forum before being suckered into purchasing a wicked lasers pulsar 100. I read all of the info on their site and decided to invest money which I don't really have into something I thought was so cool I had to have one. This morning, excited about my purchase, I decided to do more research on these cool lasers. So, I stumbled upon this forum, and after reading many of the posts here about their shady business practices, I decided to cancel my order which was placed at 12am last night. After spending 2 hours trying to reach someone at the supposedly 24/7 phone number, someone finally answered. A lady answered on the sales extension. (The live chat, and support extension did not work) She was eager to help me until she found out I wanted to cancel my order, then she stated it was too late my order had already shipped. Umm...wow that is fast shipping. They shipped my order in 10 hours from placing the order? I said if it's shipped already then, may I have the tracking number please? She replied, "Oh I don't have tracking number. UPS doesn't give tracking numbers until 1 day later." Yeah, right... I then asked for an RMA number and was told to send an email to support. I asked to be transferred to support but was told they don't have phones over there. I guess I post this as a way of maybe educating others to do lots of research before making the plunge, and if I can prevent others from giving any business to this shady dealer, then I guess it was worth it.

T

timelord

Thanks for bringing your findings here mate and I'm sorry about your misfortune.
Welcome to the forum anyway I'm sure you will find it an eye opener ;)

S

SenKat

Jasturbo2 - When you receive the UPS tracking information - make sure to contact UPS and tell them you are refusing the package. IF you refuse the package - it goes back to Wicked, and you will then get a full refund without any out of pocket shipping costs. IF an issue arrises, contact your credit card company, and dispute the claim after it is returned to Wicked. If you paid via Pay-Pal, you can always post a claim via them as well, stating that you did not realize that Wicked was selling illegal to import lasers, and that you canceled the order, etc, etc, etc...you CAN get out of it without having had paid a penny. Keep everyone updated - I am a nosey person, and love to hear stuff :p

Greg !

You guys are Awesome! Thanks for the little tidbit about refusing the package! I did use my visa and my wife is contacting them now! Now, I still want a powerful cool laser that can burn stuff so back to the research! Shouldn't be too hard with all of the info here. I'm going to do some searching on this forum for a reputable dealer, but if anyone has a favorite, I'm all ears. And thanks again for helping a noob!

Gazoo

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry that WL lied to you...god I hate that :mad:

You can build your own powerful red laser if you are interested for less that $50.00. and it will kick the Pulsers ass!

Yeah, definitly interested in building one. That will take some more research. For now I think I've decided on the Nova Lasers X105. From what I've been reading they seem to be a reputable company and their prices are better. I had settled on the Wiked Lasers pulsar because it was the cheapest laser that I could afford and still do the things with it I wanted. I really wanted a green laser though as I have had many red ones over the years. So with Nova's pricing, I can pretty much get a green 105mW for what I paid for the wicked lasers 100mW red. I bought my first laser pointer from Radio Shack back when I was a teenager for $79. It was probably about a 1mW laser but it was fun! Thanks for all of the helpful comments so far. It's nice to have folks who understand and will support you. I will keep you guys posted on what I decide to do.

LarryQ

Actually if you buy a Nova X-105...you will get MORE than 105 Mw.....

Mine came in at 128Mw peak output, 115Mw average output.

Also, make sure you order the one that comes with the case, membership, and lightyears!!!

Just the metal case is SOOOOO worth the 20 bucks!

It keeps my little Jewel safe and sound!!!

Larry

Gazoo

And don't forget the forum discount...warp5 will save you 5%.

Done! One X105 on the way! ...and saved 5% thanks to you guys! I can hardly wait... I didn't opt for the case and points though. I thought the case was kind of bulky, and I'm not sure if I'll buy much more. I will probably get the key switch though as I have young and curious kids. It was out of stock when I placed my order. It appears to be well made and will add a good degree of safety. I will they had a tube type case like I had ordered from WL. As it stands, I'll probably roll my own case out of wood. I make wooden pens as a hobby, and sometimes make custom cases for them, so should be a breeze. Heck, maybe I will even try some custome engraving with my X105 by using a white template piece printed on the laser printer or something..

Gazoo

I ordered my very late last night.. :p I did get the case and light years. Along with that you also receive 15% off other accessories. But anyway, welcome to the Nova club.. ;D

For a start, it isn't even UPS! I hate how Wicked Lasers and Chinese people think all couriers are called UPS! They ship by EMS. Once it arrives you can just return it once you have the RMA or you can refuse to sign for the item and it will be returned, it may take longer but that way it's free!

Things

sorry to hear it mate! hope you get(or have) it sorted out! you will absolutely love the x-105! there has been ALOT of good stuff said about nova on this forum, and wicked has had ALOT of bad stuff lately ;D

Yeah, the more I read the better I feel about my decision. I feel very betrayed by all of the information they have posted on their site. Not sure if any of it's true or not after the way they lied to me and what I have read elsewhere. I was really taken in by the medical claims, the US military laser interuppupter thingy.. I did find it strange that that said only for military personel but allowed me to add it to my cart. I hope I can get a refund from WL, and I wish I had done more research. I was so taken in that I had to have it now! Well, now that my X105 is on the way, time to research building a powerful red laser that kicks the pulsars... Anyone have any links to get me jumpstarted? I've already read a few posts here to get me interested, but it will take some time find out what I need and where to get it.

Ashton

Just to be fair, I do have to say the Pulsar is a good laser, esp once you perform the focus mod. I was happy with mine (except for the price) and never had any major problems with it, it burned well and I could focus it from 2" to around 8' and it still pop balloons. (when I get my lasers from senkat I plan on spamming he heck out of WL and I may get another (this time free) pulsar if I feel the urge - mine was stolen, sadly)

Though it's an absolute rip-off at the cost, considering you can build one from a DVD-burner (at most $50) and aixiz module ($15) and a bettery holder ($1) and crap it into a case that's liseing aorund the house (I used a dead remote control) and for <$75 have a burner more pwoerful than the pulsar.

Gazoo

The Pulsars don't have any driver...I am surprised some of them last as long as they do.

Things

they don't???? :eek: :eek: :eek: man how the hell do they last???what if you put lithiums in it? ;D