Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another Wicked Lasers disaster.

Hey All,

I was pointed to the forum here, for the 5th time, and I'd like to share my experience with you all.

I have to admit, the layout of the site and the broken links at the top still scare me, make me feel as if it's not maintained or ripe with scams; but I have been urged many many times to come post here and ask about.

My wicked lasers order process : lasers

is my post on reddit

At this point I am upset with this company's practice.
I'm creating a new service request because I want to outline the timeline of what I have, what I have heard and put it into a single page.
2014-12-13. I placed my order. After years of drooling, I had no excuse not to purchase what I had imagined an incredible product from an incredible company.
2015-23-1. I received an update to a new shipping page. As it had no information as to where my order stood, I placed a phone call to your offices, left a voice-mail and received a phone call back stating that due to extremely high orders, it would be delayed an additional week.
At this time, although a hold had been placed on my card, the payment had not been processed. I felt I had no means to be upset as I had not even fully paid for a product. I was still very excited.
2015-2-2 I received a automated notification from wicked lasers that my laser had been shipped and to expect it within 2-3 weeks. I was enthralled, waiting at my mailbox every day, having pre-signed registered mail forms dated for the day.
2015-4-2 Wicked lasers processed a payment of 374.97
2015-20-2 I created a service request #182996 and was told by Sofi to disregard the email stating that it will be 2-3 weeks, rather it will be 4-6 weeks, that there was no tracking number from the carrier, that there was no way for me to see exactly when my laser would be here. At this point I felt as if this was taking a bit long, but once again was willing to make an allowance due to the massive amounts of orders wicked lasers apparently had received.
2015-20-3 After 15 weeks from my initial order, 6 weeks since Sofi had told me to wait to contact you once again, I had received no update, and there was no change on the order status page. I created another, still open request #187329 and was told that there was nothing wicked lasers could do, that they had no tracking information to give me. That they themselves did not know where my laser was, or when I would receive it. I asked that the request stay open.
2015-3-4 I received an email stating that tracking information was available for my now 17 week old order. No information on how to track it, where I could access the tracking number, or when to expect it. I sent a request to my currently open service request on how to access that information and had not heard anything.
After researching the information and resources I had available to me, I identified 'my' tracking number as RS225191686NL This is a Netherland Post registered mail and appears to not be my individual laser, rather a bulk shipment.
When I go to the post.nl track and trace, I see this item is still in 'pre-advised' status and was originally placed on March 30th. A month AFTER I received my initial shipment email.
To date, I have concerns as to the legitimacy of what I have been told as to when I will receive the product I ordered from your company.
At this time there have been 3 separate extensions of shipment and fulfillment that your company has failed to meet. Wicked Lasers is not forthcoming with information as to even where the location of my product is. It is impossible to contact anyone by phone, and you have removed your phone number from your website. You have re-worded and updated information about the order process since I have placed my order changing guarantees on fulfillment.
I want to know exactly what Wicked Lasers, as a cooperate entity, feels about how my order and fulfillment process has gone, and what can be done to rectify the current situation.
At this time, I do not wish to cancel my order, I want the product you supply, however I feel I am rightfully concerned about the legitimacy of the company as a whole and am unsure if I need to pursue other avenues to fulfill the order I was billed for months ago.

That's it typed out..

A comment I made I'd like to point out to everyone as I cannot yet post to the buy\sell page is

What I'll do is cross link this page to laser pointer forums, and ask if someone is interested in building me the most powerful handheld laser with a 100% duty cycle for 374.97.
If someone can build that, and have it shipped to me within two months, and it meets and surpasses the 2 watt+ output of the arctic s3 I'll happily cancel my order with wicked lasers.

Welcome to the forum! I'd recommend making a thread in the "Welcome" section if you plan on staying.

There's a lot of bad blood between this forum and Wicked lasers, mostly because of bad customer service and overpriced products.
I'm sure someone here could build you one for even less than your offer, but the 100% duty cycle may be a problem for some builders.

Enjoy your stay! :)

MCQ

You could almost definitely get 2W for less than $375 here. Not sure about the 100% duty cycle, it'd need some pretty solid heat dissipation, but I think someone would be willing to do it if you're going to throw that much money at it haha.

I've never really been certain about those links, I finally just tagged the element with adblock and got rid of them.

Also, wicked lasers is a god awful company. I almost bought one from them a few years ago until I ran across this site, and made the fortunate choice of buying one from Blord instead. I highly recommend PM'ing him and seeing if he's interested in doing it, great guy and good workmanship.
Pretty sure he's from your corner of the globe too if that tracking number's actually where you're from.

Encap

Last edited:

rhd

I don't understand why these issues keep arising. If you order something that isn't provided, reverse the charge on your credit card, and move on.

2W with a continuous duty cycle could probably be done for around 200$ max, and thats assuming a 100$ custom host (I would go with Ehgemus, I'm sure it wouldnt cost near that much). Diode would be 65$ish since I wouldn't recommend pushing an M140 that hard, so I would go with a 9mm diode. And at that point you could get more like 2.7-3W pretty easily.

-$100 max for host
-$65 max for diode
-$20 max for driver (I have some left cheaper than that)
-$10 AR coated lens from Aixiz

Total: $195 max for easy >2.5W
Beats the heck out of a dodgy POC that may or may not exist from WL :)

can someone expplain how to get a 100% duty cycle on 2W with no active cooling in a handheld format? because I doubt this claim, very much. in the case of WL, I'd be tempted to call it "false advertising"

I don't believe you can get 100% duty cycle, either. I personally haven't had a miserable experience with WL, I think they're more hit or miss since I bet lots of people who are satisfied with WL don't say anything. Then again, I haven't bought from them recently, so I'm not sure.

That said, WL is generally not worth it (overpriced/poor customer service) unless you absolutely are in love with their hosts. There are better deals out there, particularly right here on this forum :beer:

A sizable solid aluminum host can get you a near continuous duty cycle at 2W. Even my 3W in a relatively small host/heatsink (maybe 2x a c6) barely gets warm after 60seconds, at 90 its noticeable, and at 120-180 its what I would call warm.

A sizable solid aluminum host can get you a near continuous duty cycle at 2W. Even my 3W in a relatively small host/heatsink (maybe 2x a c6) barely gets warm after 60seconds, at 90 its noticeable, and at 120-180 its what I would call warm.

but would you leave it on till the battery died? because to me that's what 100% should mean

I would like the same thing please. I want a high powered laser and one that is quality, and the fact that I searched the internet for over an hour trying to find a Wicked Laser really is annoying. I live in the US, and won't even consider trying Wicked Laser, especially since I read the FDA "banned" high powered lasers which is absolutely unconstitutional and way beyond it's power.