Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another warning about Rafoss lasers

ped

Some of you may remember the review i did here
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/review-rayfoss-rf532-350mw-fgb-pic-heavy-55931.html

The laser was woefully underspec so i followed goninanbl00d's advice and shipped it right back to them.

Here is there final responce (15 emails back & forward inbtween!)

Hello Peter,Good Day!

Yes, we resumed from holidays now.

And engineer has finished the inspection of your returned laser.

We found you have dismantaled the laser and even the tailcap also be dismantaled which is loose.

Factaully, under this situation we will not offer charger free warranty service.(The lable on the laser shows REMOVAL VOID WARRANTY).

And my top manager meaning is to refund you the product cost to you i.e. 355usd instead exchange another type.

As he afriada you will dismantle each unit we shipped you and send it back for some reason which will be a problem for us.

Please understand and confirm you could accept 355usd refund! Then we will arrange the refund for you accordingly.

Thanks and regards,
www.rayfoss.com
Faona
I explained that I'd only unscrewed the (freely removable) focus head to see why it was rattling, and the tailcap was defective when i recieved it.

But ive aquired a high power 532nm elsewhere so the refund is acceptable.

Bottom line? fine for thier cheap/mid range lasers, otherwise stay away.

Pilgor

At least you got your money back. It is unfortunate that a once reputable company is starting to go down the shitrope.

"You know what a shitrope is Rayfoss? It's a rope covered with shit, that, crappy laser companies try to hold onto. You see, the shit kinda acts like grease, the harder you try to climb up, the tighter you try to hold on, the faster you slide down the rope". -Jim Lahey

peter,
After reading your thread, I foung the power without IR is 421mw? and with IR is only 129mw? Then what about your "124mw"?
I have never used a LPM before, so maybe I'm wrong

ped

Hi John,

The reading varied between 124mW and 129mW.

John, you will become an "expert" with the LPM after a couple of weeks. It will be the most important tool, that members of LPF will look at. Whatever results it shows, will be as good as "gold" to all of us here. :)

peter,
After reading your thread, I foung the power without IR is 421mw? and with IR is only 129mw? Then what about your "124mw"?
I have never used a LPM before, so maybe I'm wrong

You have it backwards. His first reading was without an IR filter. Meaning he was measuring the 532nm + the 808nm and 1064nm IR leaking out.

The second reading was with an IR filter in place. Which filtered out the IR and left only the 532nm (which is what we really want)

What this means is of the 421mW of total output. Only 129mW of it was useful green. The other 292mW is useless invisible IR.

In other words, he paid for a 350mW laser and got a 129mW laser.

Ugh it's a pain, they have a decent range of 200mW greens 9 or so was planning to order one soon. Guess I'll have to look for one on O-like or somewhere else :/

Some of you may remember the review i did here
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/review-rayfoss-rf532-350mw-fgb-pic-heavy-55931.html

The laser was woefully underspec so i followed goninanbl00d's advice and shipped it right back to them.

Here is there final responce (15 emails back & forward inbtween!)

I explained that I'd only unscrewed the (freely removable) focus head to see why it was rattling, and the tailcap was defective when i recieved it.

But ive aquired a high power 532nm elsewhere so the refund is acceptable.

Bottom line? fine for thier cheap/mid range lasers, otherwise stay away.

I would say that they should Quality/Output test their high
powered Lasers before shipping...

On the other hand REMOVAL VOID WARRANTY is pretty clear...
and if there was a rattle and looseness... I'd leave it alone
and send it back as is....
Once I open something I assume responsibility for the warranty...

One thing that I see is that Faona/Rayfoss has good customer
service just the same... you did get a FULL refund IIRC...

Jerry

ped

Very true Jerry, Faona has been nothing but straight with me all the way through, i have no problem with her, or thier customer service. However, that said..i DIDNT remove any parts that wernt freely removeable, and there were NO warranty stickers on it, your right tho, should have just shipped it right away, but i'm a tinkerer :) , all that said, refund came through today so alls well.