Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another review of the Rayfoss RF532-200mW-FLX..

Thanks for the review, I ordered mine yesterday! Too bad I forgot to request a straight beam... As for the name, why not call it the "FLX", or "FLX 200"? Seems fine to me.

Did you have to ask Faona for the specs, or did she send them to you with the shipping info?

Last edited:

Thanks for the review, I ordered mine yesterday! Too bad I forgot to request a straight beam... As for the name, why not call it the "FLX", or "FLX 200"? Seems fine to me.

Did you have to ask Faona for the specs, or did she send them to you with the shipping info?

FLX 200 sounds good to me.

I didnt have to ask for the specs.. She just emailed them to me when it shipped.

D

Deleted member 8382

Again, I think the one without led has a better divergence. Mine is also somewhere between 1 and 1.2 at most.

I was just looking through the bottom of the box and found a <200mW sticker to replace the <1mW sticker that came on it. Cool!

Ok thanks. Can't wait!
N/P. Hope you like yours as much as I like mine!

Again, I think the one without led has a better divergence. Mine is also somewhere between 1 and 1.2 at most.

I agree. Not sure why, but according to all the different reviews that seems to be the case.

Last edited:
She just sent me the specs (I got the 100): 125mW average, 140mW peak! I think I got a good one. :D

These are the power specs she sent me via email ... 210mW without an IR filter ... I found an extra <200mW sticker to replace the <1mW sticker ... The beam is fairly tight (~1.2 mRad) and straight (in-line with the aperture/body), just like I requested. ... It feels like I got a high quality laser for a relatively low price.
Congratulations on your "golden sample" :san: well what do I know, so far most reviews/ comments on this particular model have been good, so maybe we are finally back to the "the one lemon" rule, for a change ;) Not to mention, including the <200mW label in the box was a very nice touch. I admit I do have a few lasers without labels, but if you do have a label on it, it should at least indicate the correct output / class...!
+1 for RayFoss :beer:

Two things (please): how did you measure the divergence? 1.2 is really decent for a 210mW unit in that price range! Which brings me to my second question, did Faona mention that she is verifying the power output herself? It would be nice to know if she has that ability now and that she can verfiy all her products. The other alternative is the wholesaler is doing it, but that would be surprising...

Thanks for the review :beer:

*EDIT* Does anyone know this "TPM-01" LPM? I goggled and all I came up with was a a Gentec TPM-310 (from Frothy, lol). I'm just trying to figure out if it's professional grade or otherwise... In any case, I guess it'S an older model as their newer models have names, not numbers...

Last edited:
Apparently, she uses that meter with all of her tests:

Follow please find the data:-
Model Name:RF532-100mW-FLX
Power out Peak value:140mw
Power out Average value:125mw
Test meter:TMP-01
Test duration:30 seconds
Power supply:1pcs 18650 battery

I found a few datasheets after some searching. It's a thermal sensor. Here's one of the diagrams:

TMP01_fbl.png

For some reason I can't find any photos...

Two things (please): how did you measure the divergence? 1.2 is really decent for a 210mW unit in that price range! Which brings me to my second question, did Faona mention that she is verifying the power output herself? It would be nice to know if she has that ability now and that she can verfiy all her products. The other alternative is the wholesaler is doing it, but that would be surprising...

Thanks for the review :beer:

I agree, 1.2 mRad is very good for a 210mW $150 laser. The divergence of this laser is as good as the $400 CNI which I used to own. I measured the beam at the aperture (.0615"), and then measured at 16.45ft (.30") with a caliper, through laser shades, on a white pc of paper. Then I put my info into pseudonomen137's divergence calculator ( pseudonomen137's JScript mRad Calculator ) and it gave me 1.2mRad.

As for the power output, I guess Rayfoss has their own LPM (TPM-01, whatever that is). Faona didn't say if she checked it herself or if it was checked by someone else at Rayfoss. I read somewhere that they actually assemble lasers there, not just resell them. I think it was Hallucynogenyc who posted it.

I wish I still had my Laserbee LPM to verify for myself.. but I can say, it does feel like a 200mW laser. It burns just as good or maybe even a little better than my new style dilda w/glass lens which is atleast 200mW.

Last edited:
...measured the beam at the aperture (.0615"), and then measured at 16.45ft (.30") with a caliper, through laser shades, on a white pc of paper...
Well it doesn't get more accurate then that ;)

Btw, be certain to give Faona the link to your review; I'm sure she'll appreciate the positive review & heck, maybe she'll even add a few words to the thread ;)

Thx for the additional info & enjoy your fine new lazor :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks. 11 posts, last signed on Oct. '09... It doesn't seem like she watches the reviews much.

Apparently, she uses that meter with all of her tests:

I found a few datasheets after some searching. It's a thermal sensor. Here's one of the diagrams:

TMP01_fbl.png

For some reason I can't find any photos...

That is not a Laser Power Meter of any sort... nor is it a
Thermal Sensor...:whistle:
It is a Low Power Programmable Temperature Controller...
hence the Part Number starting with TMP...

Here is the Data Sheet...

TMP01 pdf, TMP01 description, TMP01 datasheets, TMP01 view ::: ALLDATASHEET :::

Rayfoss may have mis-spelled the Model and maybe it is an
Andover LPM-1....:thinking:

Ask her for a photo of the Meter...

Jerry

Well it doesn't get more accurate then that ;)

Btw, be certain to give Faona the link to your review; I'm sure she'll appreciate the positive review & heck, maybe she'll even add a few words to the thread ;)

Thx for the additional info & enjoy your fine new lazor :cool:

Thanks Traveller. I'll send Faona a link via email. Maybe she'll chime in and tell us more about which LPM they're using.