Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another review of the Rayfoss RF532-200mW-FLX..

I know a few people have already reviewed this laser, but one more review can't hurt. Maybe helpful to a few folks who are considering it but still undecided.

This is a review of the RF532-200mW-FLX which can be purchased here:
www.rayfoss.com

I wish they would give the damn thing a name instead of just a model number so it would be easier to refer to on the forums. Something like "The 200mW Rayzer" or "LaserMAX 200" is much easier to remember than RF532-200mW-FLX.

Anyway, I contacted Rayfoss (Faona) and requested a laser with good beam specs and a beam thats aligned straight with the aperture. She emailed me back and said that she would hand pick one for me. Faona is a very nice lady and pleasant to deal with.

These are the power specs she sent me via email:

Test Data:
Power output:210mW
Test duration: 30 seconds
Test Meter:TPM-01
Power supply:1pcs 18650 3.7V battery

210mW without an IR filter is probably around 160mW of green. Not bad.

I ordered it during the Chinese New Year so I knew that I'd be waiting a little while... But once it finally shipped, it didn't take that long to arrive. It shipped on Feb 28th and arrived at my house Yesterday (March 10th).

This is what comes in the box:

01.jpg

Its not pictured, but you also get a battery charger and some instructions which are apparently written in Engrish. I couldn't make heads or tails of the instructions.

I ordered mine without the blue LED. The warning sticker says <1mW.. I guess to help get it past customs.

{edit} While looking through the bottom of the box I found an extra <200mW sticker to replace the <1mW sticker.

First thing I noticed when I picked up the laser is that its HEAVY! The focusing ring turns smoothly, the on/off button feels good.. It doesn't feel cheap at all.

The beam is fairly tight (~1.2 mRad) and straight (in-line with the aperture/body), just like I requested.

Here's a few pics:

02.jpg

Next to a new style Dilda for size comparison.
7.jpg

There's a bit of a halo around the dot, but its only noticeable on white or really bright colored surfaces. No big deal to me.
03.jpg

Looking down the beam:
04.jpg

Looking toward the aperture:
05.jpg

Burning power is pretty impressive as well. With the beam focused for burning, it lights unsharpied red matches instantly. It'll even light them with the beam focused to infinity, although it takes a little longer.

Click here for a short video showing its burning abilities. (right click - save as)

It would've lit that 2nd match and the fuse a little quicker if my hands weren't so shaky trying to hold the laser and camera at the same time.

I've only had the laser for a day, but so far I'm very impressed. It feels like I got a high quality laser for a relatively low price.

I'll come back and give an updated review in about a month to see how it holds up.

As for Rayfoss customer service, I'd rate it an A+. Very good!

Last edited:

---Reserving this space for an updated review after some time has passed---

A little update on this laser.. After a month of use it still works just as well as the day I got it. No problems to speak of.

Of all the lasers I've owned, this one is easily my favorite.

So my verdict is two thumbs up! Best green laser availible for under $200 IMO. GET ONE!

Last edited:
I like the reservation idea for an update on the review :D It looks like a nice laser to me. So far it's only gotten good reviews.

So wait, you requested a well-aligned beam when you bought it? Does that help, in your experience? When I buy things, pretty much everything - not just lasers, I don't normally incorporate requests that my product be the best it can be but... maybe I should start doing so?

So wait, you requested a well-aligned beam when you bought it? Does that help, in your experience? When I buy things, pretty much everything - not just lasers, I don't normally incorporate requests that my product be the best it can be but... maybe I should start doing so?

I wouldn't normally request such things either if I were buying a CNI or Optronics laser, but since this one isn't really classified as a high quality laser, I thought it would be a good idea to request it. I've seen another review from someone else on this same laser where they said the beam wasn't aligned very well. I'm a bit anal about things like that, so I figured I should let Faona know that its important to me.

Last edited:
I wouldn't normally request such things either if I were buying a CNI or Optronics laser, but since this one isn't really classified as a high quality laser, I thought it would be a good idea to request it. I've seen another review from someone else on this same laser where they said the beam wasn't aligned very well. I'm a bit anal about things like that, so I figured I should let Faona know that its important to me.

Hah, that's true I guess. Well since it all worked out, maybe I'll start adding little things like that when buying from smaller or lower-quality companies. :D

D

Deleted member 8382

I'm under the impresion that the model without led is better than the one with led, this one is exactly as my unit, exactly the same power. +1

I'm under the impresion that the model without led is better than the one with led, this one is exactly as my unit, exactly the same power. +1

Thank you. Actually it was your review & video that helped me decide on this Laser.. So +1 to you as well.

D

Deleted member 8382

I think my review has given them more sales than I would have ever imagined. It's the post with more views on the whole review section in the biggest laser forum, so, I think it's the most viewed laser pointer review ever. I've heard of like 20 guys who bought it because of my review already, and those are only the ones that contacted with me lol I should have asked for a commission XD

I think my review has given them more sales than I would have ever imagined. It's the post with more views on the whole review section in the biggest laser forum, so, I think it's the most viewed laser pointer review ever. I've heard of like 20 guys who bought it because of my review already, and those are only the ones that contacted with me lol I should have asked for a commission XD

Thats because you did an excellent review. And yep, you definitely deserve a commission. :)