Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another Mighty Mini Laser Show Mod - Blu-ray!

Has anyone seen the "Red Hot Laser Light Show" also on that site?

scientificsonline.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_3085020 *

Any "better" than the "Mighty Mini Laser" in any way?

I am planning on getting one of them do what jayrob has done... (ok, ok, maybe just a more powerful red for now and the 405nm)   ;)

LaserNut

*New here an unable to post links... for now  :)

Hey JayRob,
Did it seem like there would be enough room in there for two modules with some light modification? I was considering attempting to get both a violet diode and a more powerful red into it, provided it won't be overcrowded. Though the heat dissipation might be an issue in that case.
And also, would the same Dr. Lava flash drive work for a 650mW diode as the 405mW? I know I would need separate drives for each diode due to the differences in current. I am also thinking I would need to increase the battery bank for the expanded output; but that won't be a problem since I have several small battery holders lying around from various dead electronics.

Last edited:

jayrob

There would probably be room, but I would think that more of a concern would powering two drivers as well as the motors and stuff...

It may work, but I have not tried it...

Just seen this JaY very cool you have done it again kudos for a very cool project and the pic's and presentation.
Have a fine day !
Pyro...

At the moment that is a consideration; however, I may end up just buying a second mini projector to upgrade. The entire reason I'm doing this is because a convention I go to has an unofficial laser show on the ceiling while everyone is waiting for the costume contest. If I'd known how weak the show was prior to the convention I'd have upgraded the laser last year; however, the plan is to put the violet diode in it this year to kick the show up a few gears.

ZRTMWA

If you had a switch to control the two mirrors seperately (as in one mirror on and one mirror off) would putting just the second mirror (the final mirror) on produce a time tunnel effect whereas having both on produces a spiro effect?

jayrob

It has separate controls for each mirror motor. You can reverse or turn off either mirror...

ZRTMWA

So just leaving the last mirror on would create a time tunnel effect and keeping both on creates the spiro effect? I know it's a really noobish question.

Sorry for the necropost, but I notice the links are all dead. Is there a currently available product similar to this one out there now that is worth buying? Thanks!

Thanks, I guess that I could have done that myself - but I didn't realize that was the actual product name. Doh!