Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another Big He-Ne

Eidetical

This 1986 NEC model GLG5800 comes from the estate of Don Gillespie. It's a nice addition to the other large He-Ne lasers in the archive. Specified power from that year's Laser Focus Buyer's Guide is 50mW but it probably gave much more with a new tube. This tube is broken and up to air.

NEC GLG5800.jpg

NEC GLG5800 front.jpg

NEC GLG5800 rear.jpg

It's unfortunate that the tube got broken. Hope you got it for a good price.

LSRFAQ

This 1986 NEC model GLG5800 comes from the estate of Don Gillespie. It's a nice addition to the other large He-Ne lasers in the archive. Specified power from that year's Laser Focus Buyer's Guide is 50mW but it probably gave much more with a new tube. This tube is broken and up to air.

View attachment 76621

View attachment 76622

View attachment 76623

Bruce in St. Louis has the other one of those... He also has an NEC water cooled small frame argon in the same colors.

kecked

Contact hhrlasers if you want a new tube. He has even pumped the 100mw monsters.

Eidetical

Contact hhrlasers if you want a new tube. He has even pumped the 100mw monsters.
I visited Dale Harder at HHR Lasers in Cleveland a few years ago, and bought most of his old Laser Focus and Photonics Spectra magazines. It takes real dedication to pump those old tubes but I'd be surprised if he is still doing it. If so, kudos!

kecked

He is. I talk to him regularly. He’s however getting low on isotopic mix and helium 3. It just too expensive to buy more. Did you see his six footer down in the basement! If anyone could do it it would be dale.