Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another Australian coming through!

Hey all!

My name is Peter and I live in NSW, Australia. I have been pouring through this forum the last few days to get a general idea about lasers, how they work, and exactly what type of laser I will be wanting. I've had an interest in lasers all my life, and it has been one of many things on my mental list of awesome things to try out/do.

Just to give you an idea, past projects have been things like:
  • Modding nerf guns (when I was much younger, this is what started the whole 'home projects' obsession that I have now)
  • Building a PC
  • Building a cannon (that shoots anything of a certain diameter)
  • Cutting wine bottles into cool drinking glasses
  • Making gunpowder
  • Making coloured fire (green, purple, blue, you name it)
  • 3D modelling and animation in a few well known programs
  • Devising a 'safe' way of lighting your hands on fire

Those are just some things off the top of my head from the past year or two. I generally get up to these things during the holidays to keep me occupied, and seeing as the Christmas holidays are coming up here I am :p

The community here seems absolutely incredible from what I've seen so far, so I'm excited to get involved! :D I also have a few specific-ish questions that I would like to ask but I'm assuming that it wouldn't be appreciated if I asked them here (seeing as this is the welcome board.)

But yeah! That's a brief summary of me and I'm keen to get my first laser build in action :san:

:lasergun:

Sorry... I just had to, that emoticon is too awesome xD

Last edited:

Hey Calcifer, how are you bud?

Welcome to LPF and it is indeed a very nice community we have built here :)

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want and someone will gladly help ya out.

Hey Calcifer, how are you bud?

Welcome to LPF and it is indeed a very nice community we have built here :)

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want and someone will gladly help ya out.

Haha from what I've read so far that isn't always the case, a lot of the time you just getting yelled at to USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. So I'm not sure just how many hours of searching I have to do before Im allowed to ask questions :whistle:

Haha from what I've read so far that isn't always the case, a lot of the time you just getting yelled at to USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. So I'm not sure just how many hours of searching I have to do before Im allowed to ask questions :whistle:

Well, like all forums we do have our fair share of rude members. Just make sure the question hasen't been already asked before :)

Personally myself and a lot of other members will help you out even if it has been asked before(just don't over do it haha).

Last edited:
Well, like all forums we do have our fair share of rude members. Just make sure the question hasen't been already asked before :)

Personally myself and a lot of other members will help you out even if it has been asked before(just don't over do it haha).

Alrighty well I'll chuck a post out tonight and see how I go :scared:

NKO29

WELCOME! Another Aussie :D I'm located in Sydney, and like MR. Greenlander said Feel free to ask any questions :) On the "USE THE SEARCH BAR" don't take it personally, some people believe teaching the hard way is the way to go (which is good in balance IMO :p) Anyways lase with safety and OFC HAVE FUN!
EDIT: Loving Calcifer man, The Howl's Moving Castle is an excellent movie :)

Last edited:
WELCOME! Another Aussie :D I'm located in Sydney, and like MR. Greenlander said Feel free to ask any questions :) On the "USE THE SEARCH BAR" don't take it personally, some people believe teaching the hard way is the way to go (which is good in balance IMO :p) Anyways lase with safety and OFC HAVE FUN!

Im either Greenie or Mr. Greenlander now it seems :beer: I have my own nickname haha.

Alright well I'll definitely get to the question then! Hey! a fellow fan :friend:

Im either Greenie or Mr. Greenlander now it seems :beer: I have my own nickname haha.

And it's a pretty sweet nickname at that :cool:

Welcome to LPF, hope you enjoy here.

Seems like you have a pretty solid modding experience, so you'll fit right in with the crowd. :)

I keep looking at you're avatar whenever you post haha.

I just find it awesome and hilarious :shhh:

Family tradition for Thanksgiving. Fill your mouth with whipped cream, let it tower up like in the pic, then try to inhale and eat it all without it falling.