Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

And then there was light...

I was just at a customer location picking up some YAG driver boards that run 2000 watt YAG systems as well as a couple of booster boards and Mike there gives me the tour. They are a machine shop but they only have a couple of CNCs that actually put blade on metal. The rest of the 10 or systems are lasers. I was formally introduced to a 10000 watt CO2 system and a 5000 watt CW YAG system. Needless to say, my jeans were getting a little tight. I love the smell of photons in the morning.

diachi

10kW of any wavelength, your gonna need a wall to protoect your eyes, never mind OD5 laser shades !

Diachi

I was at a CNC-fair about a month ago. Some of the machines had 4K-Watt laser systems and the energy was transported with fiberoptic so several machines could use the same laser. :eek:

One of the laser-machines (welding robot) was in a boxy room with dark green windows for eye-protection.

Stop imagining what 10000W of a color would be like, Frothy will lecture you about "it's not all about the color!". ;D

Still, 10,000 Watts of ANY laser light would be amazing! At 10,000,000mW, you could pop white balloons.

Oh, FC, I want to see a video please.

Sorry no video. I didn't expect to get the grand tour when I showed up there. I was just picking up some electronic equipment. Now with that in mind, next time I need to head down there for anything I WILL bring the video camera.