Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

American based, handheld laser companies that are large/reasonably priced?

I'm searching for an American based company, that domestically produces and sells hand-held lasers.:thinking:
I just purchased an Optotronics Green Laser Pointer, and I'm aware that they're US based.
I wonder if their products are Chinese made or produced in the USA?

I see very nice products from China, on Dragon Lasers and Sanwulasers, but I'm reluctant to send my money to China.
Ebay sells lasers, but in my experience PayPal is a devious company and operates as an unregulated bank.

Have we reached a point in the USA where we can't compete with the Chinese laser industry?
If so, that is a very sad testament to our steady national decline.

Any USA site links, or tips, would be greatly appreciated.
At this point, I would settle for an EU or Canadian site too.

Last edited:

GSS

Why not look at a couple of member builders here?

Last edited:
Because of our laser laws there aren't very many U.S. based laser stores. Otherwise we'd have some pretty good laser pointers here.

Like GSS said, try asking some of our member builders here. Or look in the Buy Sell Trade section, where there are currently many good builds available for sale.
I doubt you'll escape paypal though, as that's the primarily used exchange here.

Gazen

^^^
What he said.

Survival lasers is a good company based in the US, but they do not sell complete lasers to the US. They do, however, sell kits where you just have to add a diode.

You could try building your own with one of their kits.

Last edited:
Going with survival lasers and dtr diode and driver combo would be a good way to go... litterally solder two wires together and your good to go...

There is nothing wrong using PayPal on
internat6ional orders. You even get Buyer
Protection.

We only use PayPal as payment method
on our websites.

Jerry

A good portion of the Ebay sellers are also from China or purchase their inventory from China based sellers.

And for the longest time, I was very skeptical about using PayPal, but have found it to be useful. PayPal is a great insurance in case something you purchased is a scam by protecting your card info and insuring you get a refund if the seller never sends you the item.

For a host definitely visit survival laser's website. I got the Bargain No Diode Host (which looks amazing) and can't wait for my diode from DTR to complete the build.

There is nothing wrong using PayPal on
internat6ional orders. You even get Buyer
Protection.

We only use PayPal as payment method
on our websites.

Jerry
I have had extensive issues with PayPal, and their reputation for freezing accounts at the drop of a hat, is well warranted.
Their customer service is horrid, and unlike US banks, they can and often do freeze a persons funds for trivial reasons and destroy businesses.
http://http://paypalsucks.com/

Lifetime17 builds great lasers for members here. All the way from machining the custom hosts to driver setup and assembly. His prices are very reasonable and because he uses enough heat sink to keep the laser diode cool enough, they have longer on times than any Chinese laser. I mentioned him because he is not far from you. There are others, but in Canada and Europe. All are good at building customs lasers. The others are ElectricPlasma and grainde.

A good portion of the Ebay sellers are also from China or purchase their inventory from China based sellers.

And for the longest time, I was very skeptical about using PayPal, but have found it to be useful. PayPal is a great insurance in case something you purchased is a scam by protecting your card info and insuring you get a refund if the seller never sends you the item.

For a host definitely visit survival laser's website. I got the Bargain No Diode Host (which looks amazing) and can't wait for my diode from DTR to complete the build.
Thanks for the tip, I will visit Survival Laser's website.

Lifetime17 builds great lasers for members here. All the way from machining the custom hosts to driver setup and assembly. His prices are very reasonable and because he uses enough heat sink to keep the laser diode cool enough, they have longer on times than any Chinese laser. I mentioned him because he is not far from you. There are others, but in Canada and Europe. All are good at building customs lasers. The others are ElectricPlasma and grainde.
Appreciate your response and info, thank you.

Hi BT
Thanks buddy I just thought it was appropriate. The Stars and Stripes look good also . Something different for a change .

Rich:)

Why not look at a couple of member builders here?
I would be happy to.
Any that will take ACH Chase bank transfer, bank wire, or even Western Union, should please send me a message.
Straight up debit/credit card is fine by me too.
Hi
Yes as others said DTR or as lasers two great people

Rich:)
Thanks for that info, Rich.

I have had extensive issues with PayPal, and their reputation for freezing accounts at the drop of a hat, is well warranted.
Their customer service is horrid, and unlike US banks, they can and often do freeze a persons funds for trivial reasons and destroy businesses.
http://http://paypalsucks.com/
Sorry to hear that you have had extensive problems
with PayPal. I've been selling and buying internationally
with PayPal since 2008.
The only time I had problems with PayPal was at the
beginning due to my own mistakes and not adhering
to the rules.

Every time I have a problem with a customer or supplier
and spoke to PayPal they were courteous, friendly and
very helpful. I guess it depends on how one approaches
them.

Good luck with your future purchases.....

Jerry

Last edited: