Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Amazon pointer 3 pack (red green and violet)

Thats Crazy!! I have the 5mw green and violet from qq tech. The green was my first and later when i bot a 50mw i didnt think it was much brighter. Now i know why! :yh: The focusable 50mw i have has a smaller dot at close range but the divergance doesnt seem as tight as the qq tech laser. If you could focus the 5 from qq tech you may be able to burn stuff..

Isn't shipping to Europe another $20?? IMO it's better to get a $45 laser from sites like o-like and rayfoss :p

According to amazon the shipping weight is 8.8oz, and first class international USPS mail up to 12oz is $8 (national shipping in my country is more expensive:undecided:). Might even be possible to ship cheaper depending on the package.

$34 for 3 awesome basic lasers is well worth the money :)

I just bought this 3-pack and I can say they are wayy over-spec.

I have a rayfoss 50mw green laser and it is very uncomfortable to look at without eye protection.

I have them all running with Energizer rechargeable 1.2V NiMH batteries. So they'd probably be even brighter with Alkaline 1.5V, I'm guessing.

The green that comes in this pack is 75% as uncomfortable as the rayfoss (which could be overspec, too). The beam is clearly visible in the dark (down a dark hallway, during the day).

I haven't tested the red or purple at night. I just got them this morning.

I don't have a laser tester, but all three are definitely more than 5mW. I'll put up some pics later.

Last edited:

Stix62

Isn't shipping to Europe another $20?? IMO it's better to get a $45 laser from sites like o-like and rayfoss :p

I thought I'd find out and stuck a set in my shopping cart, but at checkout I was told it couldn't be shipped to my address in the UK.

Here's a short video I took with the lasers. I don't know how useful they will be for anyone, but what the hell. Taken with my Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Green: You can see the beam in the dark (not in the video). It was a little sketchy, using 1.2V NiMH batteries. I had to shake it around until it went to full power. lol. I haven't tried real batteries yet.

Purple: You can see the beam in the dark (not in the video). This worked fine with the 1.2V batteries.

Red: No beam action. This worked fine with the 1.2V batteries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w5NR4WnQgY

Last edited:
Just bought these. They came today. With fresh AAA batteries, the blue and red one worked just fine. If you want a couple overspec lasers that might work, go for it. (the green one didn't work. Highly disappointing because I also bought a "true" 5mW green in same order that also didn't work)

Last edited:
Just bought these. They came today. With fresh AAA batteries, the blue and red one worked just fine. If you want a couple overspec lasers that might work, go for it. (the green one didn't work. Highly disappointing because I also bought a "true" 5mW green in same order that also didn't work)

With a little troubleshooting, the green ones just might work. Any more info on them?

This here makes me want to test my entire science wing's lasers... guarantee the physic's teacher's greenie isn't 5mW as it's brighter than mine that meters 89mW max. Hopefully macs can read data from a laserbee without downloading everything and converting it all.

Regardless, this was a neat find and some good info! If you really want, a tip to get a guaranteed <5mW laser is try to get your chemistry teacher a yellow laser, not too many worries about eye safety with these... yet... ;)

With a little troubleshooting, the green ones just might work. Any more info on them?

Uh I insert the two AAA batteries that work in my red and blue ones exactly like it and it simply does not turn on. Laser is room temp by the way. Any help would be great. Really pissed off that I can't get them working and they came bad. I think.

Ok, mine arrived today. It seems you managed to just get lucky on your greenie.

Based on my experience (i don not have my lpm anymore)

Green (Roughly 20-30mw of green) Not bad. Very bright and does not dim.
Red ( >100mw) VERY impressive! It burns!
Purple/violet (roughly 30-40mw) Nothing impressive.

Id say its worth the 30$ if you want a matching set of pointers :)

Last edited:

lman

I just bought this 3-pack and I can say they are wayy over-spec.

I have a rayfoss 50mw green laser and it is very uncomfortable to look at without eye protection.

I have them all running with Energizer rechargeable 1.2V NiMH batteries. So they'd probably be even brighter with Alkaline 1.5V, I'm guessing.

The green that comes in this pack is 75% as uncomfortable as the rayfoss (which could be overspec, too). The beam is clearly visible in the dark (down a dark hallway, during the day).

I haven't tested the red or purple at night. I just got them this morning.

I don't have a laser tester, but all three are definitely more than 5mW. I'll put up some pics later.

Uh I insert the two AAA batteries that work in my red and blue ones exactly like it and it simply does not turn on. Laser is room temp by the way. Any help would be great. Really pissed off that I can't get them working and they came bad. I think.

Don't touch the green it's most likely leaking 100mw-150mw or IR

jwcci

Well, After ZERO thought, I ordered these, They arrived quickly, They all three worked, Green my most fave so far, I am a complete noob here and this is my first post. so please be gentle.. haha, I am however quite mechanically and electronically inclined.. I decided to u-tube a few mods(this all sparked from dad ( or tim the toolman).. Why settle when you can give it more POWER) first I tubed the pot mod. nix that idea, no mods to be made here!! destroyed the violet (don't quite know the nm's yet) So if anyone was thinking of hacking these guys you'd better be an engineer or wait for one on here to dissect one.. I can send you the guts if you want them.. no charge, well, cept for shipping. Bottom line, 20+ bucks and a couple of batteries are the gateway to my new drug...lasers... I am already a candlepower forum flashoholic, so why not right? so many 18650's and not enough darkness... wha wha wha, the devil has infected me once again.. HID's led's pcb's ... this is all a dream this is all a dream..... For the price these lasers are def neat, I just need 10 more jiggawatts..

TomD

Checked out the reviews for the QQ Tech trio and it seems that the results on this thread were quoted.

Amazon's pretty strict with lasers so any product with an explicit rating over 5mW will get canned. Nothing stops the vendors, of course, from selling an item that is over-spec, especially if it will result in a happy customer (hopefully not as ignorant).

I got a 532nm for $6 and it was titled "5mw 532nm Astronomy Powerful Green Laser Pointer - Black". Don't have an LPM but it's definitely over 5mW.

Last edited:
My ">5"mw green was actually labeled with a ">50"mw sticker when I got it.

Well, After ZERO thought, I ordered these, They arrived quickly, They all three worked, Green my most fave so far, I am a complete noob here and this is my first post. so please be gentle.. haha, I am however quite mechanically and electronically inclined.. I decided to u-tube a few mods(this all sparked from dad ( or tim the toolman).. Why settle when you can give it more POWER) first I tubed the pot mod. nix that idea, no mods to be made here!! destroyed the violet (don't quite know the nm's yet) So if anyone was thinking of hacking these guys you'd better be an engineer or wait for one on here to dissect one.. I can send you the guts if you want them.. no charge, well, cept for shipping. Bottom line, 20+ bucks and a couple of batteries are the gateway to my new drug...lasers... I am already a candlepower forum flashoholic, so why not right? so many 18650's and not enough darkness... wha wha wha, the devil has infected me once again.. HID's led's pcb's ... this is all a dream this is all a dream..... For the price these lasers are def neat, I just need 10 more jiggawatts..

Dont feel bad, I'm new too to this too, and I also got into the LED flashlight hobby about 7 months ago, and have 3 nice lights at this point.

So with only minimal thought, I too ordered this 3 pack of lasers. But since they seem to be overpspec(right term?), I also need to get the appropriate safety glasses as well, before I go using these lasers.;)

I hope you did the same......:whistle:

By the way, you listed that you're now into PCB's as well. I assume you dont mean PCB's as in poisonous chlorinated hydrocarbons?

Last edited: