Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Am I the only one who prefers red to 405nm?

I recently built a 405 from a harvested Liteon sled, its my new favorite wavelength next to the 445.

I don't know.... In a way, it almost seems ( at least to me that is! ) that red IS the proper color a laser should be :thinking: I'm sure many would argue that though! :whistle:

Reds are my second favorite. Yellows are #1.

I bought a Phasor diode on a group buy years ago. My first scratch build. It just died on me, so I'm going to be doing some more red also.

I also still have a Meredith glass module from when they were available. I really want to put a red high power 9mm in it, if I can find one. It's just sitting there with the host and heatsink waiting for the right diode!

I don't know.... In a way, it almost seems ( at least to:na: me that is! ) that red IS the proper color a laser should be :thinking: I'm sure many would argue that though! :whistle:

Hey I always thought that too! A laser is RED could be because the first laser was red.

Red is also my second favorite after 405nm, and that is because of the "true" laser properties like, color is brighter, it is not blurry, speckle patter clearly visible (i love that) and there is no fluorescense.

If 405nm had the same properties i would love it even more!, good thing i still have to see 445nm and 473nm, blue color is the best :bowdown:

If red diodes of greater power became available such as the 635 W/L it would become my definite favorite.

I prefer 405s =D It seems like they're more useful to entertain my needs, namely burning stuff fast and charging up glow in the dark stuff haha.