Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Am I safe? Was this resposible to try?

The 1.4 watt is a diode. A diode is in a greenie by its infrared, then it hits a couple crystals and wallah green. The logic is flawed, as you weren't even looking at the laser and freaked out thinking you could've hurt yourself, did you worry about others. Others are just as important. And diode vs DPSS is TOTALLY different. Search and learn.

me thinks youse guys got rick-rolled

TROLL alert!!

Attention seeker warning--

"
Thank you,

Alex.

PS: Only 16 :p "
I still say no member of this forum should address and thread where the OP has NOT filled in his profile- They will follow thru or grow bored and go away--either way its much better for the health of this forum and its members.

AND.. every members IP should match their claimed location or show them the door.

This worked well at another forum- a mod would lock the thread until the OP gave up his location- once it was verified by IP the OP got unlocked.

Well some people don't like revealing their location... to the public at least

Dude, I did it in my backyard making sure nobody could get in front/near the laser. I also aimed it at cement. Next time don't be an ass please.

well your acting as if just the dot will destroy and mash your retinas. at 200 mw you would have to get a direct hit. i wasnt trying to be an ass but as hakzaw said you are more then likely a troll. on this forum most people will be accepting if you: (A: provide a proper location. (B: dont reveal your age (we dont mind what age you are but just pushing it out there is odd) (C: dont make them think your a troll.

Well some people don't like revealing their location... to the public at least

I cant argue with that but at least the country- I dont like to think of LPF to be one of 'Those' forums and besides in most cases the IP would provide that general info so why not?

I dont mind them not wanting to give out their exact location but I don't see why not the country.

to the OP... the only ass I see is a dumbass.

" Am I safe? Was this resposible to try? "

^^ that says it all.. show us some pics or this is a troll thread-

Fair enough, IP address is quite precise. And I don't see Tha Greendlander as a troll, just got off to a bad start... let's take a step back here and chill, no need for the biting words

but i was just organizing a witch hunt.... i guess now your gonna tell me they have to put down their pitch forks... just kidding.

AND.. every members IP should match their claimed location or show them the door.

Hakzaw1 - I'm sure you remember the 2 watt at SELEM

All I know is the green laser in the for sale room at SELEM that was 2 watts was not a hand held and was 4 figures and the beam was so bright it was hard to walk into the room when it was on.

Last edited:
I don't think it is a 2 watts green. Firstly it is hard to find and secondly it is very expensive. Think it is 200 milliwatts.

Encap

No, it is a true 2W laser.

LOL

Not possible for it ti be 2W ---Selllaser is a typcal Chinese reseller that makes nothing and has no clue about lasers, trusting makers or distributors who lie all day long for the specs and their prices are higher than most.

If anything they added an extra zero to 200mw

THey pray on people with little or no knowledge of lasers.

Jessl

I love how eventually the Thread just gets into a fight and way off topic.

I don't think it is 2W. Here are the reasons:

1. The price. Even 300mW is is $200+

2. There is hardly a 2W green diode available. If there is it will be a few thousand bucks.

3. It is made in China.

4. If you read the features carefully, "It can be used as a presentation, teaching indicator." (Anybody can tell you that it is bullshit.)

So yeah. Get a LPM. (I feel like getting one and sharing the cost with a few friends...)