Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Am I all set!?

Here's what I have:

C6 host with heatsink and preinstalled 1,35A driver. (mohgasm JAD kit) + soldering iron

What I have coming: DTR 445 M140 Diode In Module With Leads & Aixiz Glass... 2 18350 3.7V 1200mAh batteries with charger, solder (copper) and heatshrink tubing.

So! Am I forgetting something? (Yes, I have goggles)

Last edited:

IsaacT

Not from the sound of things...you should be good. If I were you though I would make sure to use some thermal paste in between the module and the heatsink to increase heatsinking capabilities. Make sure to document your build! I need reading material....I wonder how many threads I read while on the john.....prolly not that many, but I digress. Looks good!

PS-I am not on the john now....thought I should clear that up....

PPS-I think I may be getting a bit sleep deprived....

PPPS-Just wanted to say PPPS.....

Last edited:
Not from the sound of things...you should be good. If I were you though I would make sure to use some thermal paste in between the module and the heatsink to increase heatsinking capabilities. Make sure to document your build! I need reading material....I wonder how many threads I read while on the john.....prolly not that many, but I digress. Looks good!

PS-I am not on the john now....thought I should clear that up....

PPS-I think I may be getting a bit sleep deprived....

PPPS-Just wanted to say PPPS.....

I want to join in on the fun :yabbmad: PPPS!!!

And thanks! I'll look into thermal paste on DX, although I'm not entirely sure where you want me to put it... In between the module and the heatsink? In that small almost invisible area? :p

IsaacT

Yeah, you just sort of rub it on the copper module you will be getting from DTR, and then you slide it into the heatsink like you normally would. It is not overly crucial, but the C6 is not an overly large host, so it helps to take every precaution to keep things cool.

Yeah, you just sort of rub it on the copper module you will be getting from DTR, and then you slide it into the heatsink like you normally would. It is not overly crucial, but the C6 is not an overly large host, so it helps to take every precaution to keep things cool.

Alright thanks! Anyways, I'm only looking at 15-30 second duty cycles, nothing longer required!

Zeebit

You can focus your laser with the standard aixiz focus ring. Those custom focus adapters make your build look a lot more cooler and provide you with more space not to burn your fingers.

Document your build. ;)

I can't focus it without burning my fingers without an adapter? :confused:

No its very dangerous you could loose your fingers...lol:crackup:

I just meant its a lot easier and you are less likely to burn them...and as Zeebit said they look a lot cooler! ;):beer:

I don't understand why you persist to make threads on this... Why not just post on your other thread?

You can focus your laser with the standard aixiz focus ring. Those custom focus adapters make your build look a lot more cooler and provide you with more space not to burn your fingers.

Document your build. ;)

Thanks you had me worried there for a bit, I will definetly document my build!