Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Alpha Series 200mW 532nm Laser

This is an Alpha Series Laser I purchased from Smogthemog last week. *It is made by Changchun New Industries Optoelectronics Tech. Co., Ltd. (CNI) and has a serial number inside the barrel. *I have sent an email to CNI to see what information they have on the laser. *The foil sticker has CNI's info as well as saying the peak power is less than 500mW's and wavelength between 501nm - 561nm and a class IIIb laser product. *It is exactly like Nova Lasers Alpha series but theirs only goes to 125mW's. *I have checked the power using my LaserBee I and it peaks at 221 mW's then settles to about 165 mW's after 2-3 minutes. *The beam is very strong both indoors and outdoors. *It burns tape and pops balloons like there is no tomorrow. *It has a twist aperture, red led "on" light, key switch in the tail can, and a momentary on/off button. *It also has the small 2.5mm plug that inserts in the side. *It operates on 2 standard AA batteries. *The following beam shots were taken with no fog or smoke. *My guess is it is either an early Nova model or a one of a kind from CNI? *I'll post back if CNI responds to the serial number :)
DSC00033.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

Last edited:

Dang thats nice ;D I have one too, but it's nowhere near as powerful :'( only 140mW :'( :'( :'(

CNI goes up to 200mW but not on the 2 AA one :-? you may either have a freak or a old discontinued module. they sell li ion powered ones that go 200mW+ though

VW

So are those exactly the same as Nova's? They look sweet, even though the pin, key switch and LED indicator are a bit over kill for their power, they look cool as hell. Could never see them properly in Nova's shots...

maxkillz said:
[quote author=GooeyGus link=1225160528/0#7 date=1225423057]Sorry to ruin the fun, but CNI makes 200mW versions of these, it's not a freak  :p  :cool:

http://www.cnilaser.com/PDF/PGL-III-A-532.pdf

I'm really not sure why nova only carries up to 125mW. Maybe they just don't sell enough of the higher power ones to stock them.
but doesn't that one run off of a LI ion battery and not 2 AA's?[/quote]

It looks like they have one that runs on AAs and one that uses a Li-Ion

ixfd64

Does the CNI models come with cases, like NOVAlasers' products do?

hello. i would ask you if to reach 221mw PEAK...you used new alkaline or energizer lithium.

i would buy an AA powered green laser. i can just choose from alphaseries or lucent optics envee. envee is the SAME laser sold by novalaser aplha and CNI?

this laser is very good...BUT........NO ONE would buy a laser to use fresh alcaline every time....
nimh batteries are equally good? i think NO. with nimh the mw should be lower about 20% ....is it true? i would reach the max power from this laser. but if i need to put fresh alcalines... IS BETTER to buy a lion powered laser. :) thanks

realista said:
hello. i would ask you if to reach 221mw PEAK...you used new alkaline or energizer lithium.

i would buy an AA powered green laser. i can just choose from alphaseries or lucent optics envee. envee is the SAME laser sold by novalaser aplha and CNI?

this laser is very good...BUT........NO ONE would buy a laser to use fresh alcaline every time....
nimh batteries are equally good? i think NO. with nimh the mw should be lower about 20% ....is it true? i would reach the max power from this laser. but if i need to put fresh alcalines... IS BETTER to buy a lion powered laser. :) thanks
Okay, this is a very old topic that you posted in, but NIHM's would lower the power by 4-5mW. Their voltage doesn't drop as much though, so overall, they're the better choice, being cheaper is a nice bonus.
NIHM's>Alkalines In almost every way.
Sanyo Eneloops are the best NIHM batteries on the market.

"Okay, this is a very old topic that you posted in..."

True but... still an oldie but goodie :)

Funny thing is about an hour ago I actually took this laser out and tested it again.  I got about the same results, then I took it outside and shined it at a bunch of deer in my backyard ;D  It didn't really phase them much but with pretty good aim I'm thinkin a couple of those deer are wondering wtf happened to their eyesite ;D ;D ;D