Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

All-In-One Darkarmyofone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the confusion of spending a weekend looking at all kinds of posts scattered here and there I have decided to create this thread to contain all complaints and all praises concerning Tyler aka Darkarmyofone.

Please use this thread to argue and list other posts about your concerns so that we and uneducated newcomers can see all of the evidence concerning this matter. Let it all be posted here rather than among multiple threads. Thankyou

EDIT: New Poll http://laserpointerforums.com/f58/ban-darkarmyofone-again-45037.html

A few links to get started

http://laserpointerforums.com/f46/happy-holloween-20-off-discount-coupon-dark-lasers-45006.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/f...-red-modules-overspec-dirt-cheap-44658-4.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/d...mplete-lasers-shipped-world-wide-42103-9.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/laser-build-service-10-a-41549.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f63/what-kind-seller-would-write-darkarmyofone-has-no-tact-44765.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f63/darklasers-44605.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f58/should-darkarmyofone-banned-44793.html

And Personal PM's

Darkarmyofone said:
Crazy Jay said:
Hi Darkarmyofone, How much do you charge for an 8x 405nm laser diode

module?

Just the module? $150 shipped.

In a host, $400 shipped to USA.

Would you like one? i have ONE left!

You can send funds to jes1288@hotmail.com VIA paupal.

Mark payment as service, and leave a descriptive note in the comment box durring payment.

If you need the module, order soon, as it is listed for sale elsewhere, and has 6 watchers.

Cheers!

Tyler - Dark Lasers

www.darklasers.com

Darkarmyofone said:
Let me know when you can afford it.

Tyler - Dark Lasers

Crazy Jay said:
I will buy it if you still have it by the 1st of next month. I'm going to use Jayrobs custom DIY kit with his own homemade driver to push it at

that power. I feel chills running down my spine just thinking about it. How about a down payment to reserve it for me? I can give you

say 20 dollars of 150 dollars in total just to hold it for me.

Darkarmyofone said:
I'd need 50% down to reserve. $75

Paypal - jes1288@hotmail.com

Mark payment as SERVICE, and leave a note please:)

It's still listed for sale remember now.

Tyler - Dark Lasers

Crazy Jay said:
Hi Tyler? Do you still have that module? Thursday I will be able to buy it. I'm so glad I came across this site because I get to make a

500mw bluray laser for around 250 bucks. I never expected that.

Darkarmyofone said:
Wich module, I dont remember, I deal with hundreds of people, so please forgive me.

And I doubt you will get 500mW's from your laser, only one person has achieved that thus far, and thats Daguin at 516mW i think. and the

diode was a freak (more powerfull than it should have been)

most normal 8x diodes max out completely at 400-415mW after a 405-G1 lens.

And how r u gunna do it for $250... the drive alone costs's 200 shipped. then you need a driver, a host, a heatsink, batteries, the 405-G1

lens (like 60 bucks) and a module to press the diode in (and a diode press if you dont have one)

Im telling you this because your rushing into your first build trying to make the most powerful laser possible... i garuntee 70% chance it

either blows, or doesnt output more than 380mW's.

But for $400 i sell REAL 8x builds, with garuntees, and they clock in at over 420mW's, each and every one of them. I can even put one in

the pocket mini! or jayrobs CR2 Keychain kit. I already built the worlds smallest most powerful laser (you werent here then)

It was an 8x 408mW blu-ray in a tiny little keychain host ^_^ I almost called Guiness world records, but didnt want to brag about it.

Best of luck, use caution... you can easily kill that diode in a million different ways... and thats $200 down the tube!!!

Better to buy a pre-built.

Tyler - Dark Lasers

Tyler - Dark Lasers[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's sold. but i can get you another one in days for $180 shipped. LG 8x diode in module.[/QUOTE]

Crazy Jay said:
Why do you charge me more this time?

Darkarmyofone said:
Because i have to get a new diode from a new source, that was one i had been sittin on and was trying to sell to make a quick buck. now

you want a new one, and thats the real price, i bullshit you not sir, look at the prices of these 8x burners, their insane!! and it's the only

way to get a REAL 8x diode. it's not as simple as buying an 8x sled from hightechdealz, his 8x's are actually 6x's that had better optics

and a spindle in the drive, so they CALL it an 8x cuz it can burn that fast... but it's not. only a TRUE from the store blu-ray burner has a

REAL 8x in it. and theres only 2 good ones. the pioneer BDR-203 8x (The BDR-S03 is the FAKE 6x i mentiond. notice the small

difference... 203...S03... watch for that) and the LG 8x drive (dont remember the model # off the top of my head)

So this is actually a steal, I want you to go and look up LG 8x burners (not WRITERS, but BURNERS capable of 8X) and compare the

price of the drive with the diode un-extracted, un-pressed, and un-installed... the price is higher than im charging you for an 8x diode in a

module... why you ask... because I get drives cheaper because i buy so many.

So take advantage if you want to, I cant do it forever :) let me know if you want the LG 8x in module for $180 shipped to wherever. if you

want the pioneer BDR-203 in module (more trusted, and thourghally tested) its $200 flat, shipped wherever.

THAT diode inparticular (BDR-203) can handle some SERIOUS current. i've seen people put about 400mA to one before, and it gave

them over half a watt before it died, but if they would have kep it at 350mA, they'd have a 450-470mW blu-ray burner right now lol, poor

guy (friend of mine)

Or we can go the cheaper route, and get you a BDR-S03 in module for $140 (puts out about 275mW after an acrylic lens, add a 405-G1

and boom, you got like 350-400mW's.

Let me know what you want, or if you still even want it. if you do, let me know asap, the sooner i order it, the sooner you get it :)

Tyler - Dark Lasers

Darkarmyofone said:
Crazy Jay said:
How much for the Sled containing a real BDR-203? I will end up buying that.

$230 shipped. what will you do with the sled, it still needs extracting ($200 dancce of death we call it) cleaning, and pressing.

Can you do all of those things?

Tyler - Dark Lasers

Darkarmyofone said:
Crazy Jay said:
Darkarmyofone said:
Crazy Jay said:
How much for the Sled containing a real

BDR-203? I will end up buying that.

$230 shipped. what will you do with the sled, it still needs extracting ($200 dancce of death we call it) cleaning, and pressing.

Can you do all of those things?

Tyler - Dark Lasers

Why is it every time I ask how much this diode is the price always goes up? 200 dollars for the diode extracted, cleaned and pressed

into a module, and 230 dollars for the sled without all of the work done.

Its like being charged 10 bucks for a pizza with 5 toppings and 13 dollars for a plain cheese pizza.:confused:

your confusing yourself bro, i think you might not know this, but there are 5-6 DIFFERENT 8x diode we KNOW of... I was reffering to the

best of them all.

THATS why price went up.

You reffered to LG 8x last time. THIS time i reffer to GENUINE top notch BDR-203 8x diode in module, cleaned and pressed, and

pre-wired with a driver if you like. (thats always an option)

sorry you got confused, im NOT trying to rip you off brother trust me, just specify wich diode exactly you desire, or wich diode you would

accept, and i'll make a price list. either way, it'l be expensive.

Let me know if you need help with anything :)

Tyler - Dark Lasers

Last edited:

just watch, wait and see, you'll all feel rediculous in the end, and i've never been on a "dating" website in my life lol, you all need to get your EYES checked.

And no can prove i do drugs, i recovered from opiates over a year ago, you expect me to believe NO one on this forum has ever accidently gotten themselves addicted to pain-killers lol.

and who the hell edited the tags of MY thread??? if i find out who did that, your ass is grass! someone has obviously logged onto my SN! (C0ld... anytime now) now THATS something worth being BANNED for!

"cock" "dope fiend" "crack head"

Get real, your all so immature

Anyone want a crack at it?

Things

"And no can prove i do drugs, i recovered from opiates over a year ago, you expect me to believe NO one on this forum has ever accidently gotten themselves addicted to pain-killers lol"

I think he just contradicted himself there?

Anyways, if you made a thread like this, a link to every thread with evidence could be handy, or at least the key bits picked out.

"And no can prove i do drugs, i recovered from opiates over a year ago, you expect me to believe NO one on this forum has ever accidently gotten themselves addicted to pain-killers lol"

I think he just contradicted himself there?

Anyways, if you made a thread like this, a link to every thread with evidence could be handy, or at least the key bits picked out.

I would love to do that but there is so much. I need help with that.

well whoever did it, is obviously not so good of a person themselves! just immature or jealous, so they felt the need to add those immature tags to this thread, thinking it will phase me. nice try though ;) keep on going guys, I'll stiiiiiiil be here :D

Good luck!

He thinks its just one person. And they were trying to properly label not insult ... well maybe some where hehe

I thought you were going to list all the links to the aforementioned issues
one by one so anyone can just click on them without searching the entire
Forum...
Gee... I thought you spent the weekend doing that for us Jay...;)

Jerry

Asherz

How about... you all stop with the arguments on THIS forum, make a NEW forum just so you can all fight it out between you...

Because I really think everyone here is fed up with this now. Stop bringing the matter up HERE all the time, it's not relevant to lasers.

If you look on Darklasers, you'll find a forum that says "Discuss Dark lasers" take it over there, then link there and let that be the end of it.

Why can't this just be a peaceful forum? As long as you don't say anything to Dark then there tends to be no reaction and we can get on enjoying and discussing lasers, it would be quite obvious to any member who is here long enough to make any use full contribution as too whether or not he/she should purchase from darklasers.

Last edited:
Forum...

Jerry

I read so much it almost went insane... there are literally an infinite number of posts... I would just end up quoting the entire forum

Jaseth

Asherz, this is the Dispute Resolution section, made solely for the purpose it is being used for. If you don't like it, get out. How difficult can it be? Do you walk into a butcher's and complain that there is too much meat in there?

Oh and, as for Tyler's "who the hell edited the tags of MY thread?" I am surprised he has not yet realised that ANY member can add two tags to ANY thread.

Seb

Asherz

Asherz, this is the Dispute Resolution section, made solely for the purpose it is being used for. If you don't like it, get out. How difficult can it be? Do you walk into a butcher's and complain that there is too much meat in there?

Oh and, as for Tyler's "who the hell edited the tags of MY thread?" I am surprised he has not yet realised that ANY member can add two tags to ANY thread.

Seb

No I wouldn't, but I'm pretty sure if that butchers only stocked bacon, and had every single shelf stacked with bacon... People would complain and ask for a different selection.

All I'm saying is I think everyone get's the idea and there's probably a minimal amount of people purchasing from Tyler now anyway, it's not like there is a lot to purchase as Dave recently stated. Who's going to get ripped off on an aixiz module with a fitted PHR? lol :)

Glen purchased the last 100mW O-like module.

I posted the links I think are enough to both read and understand whats been happening. The sooner we get this over with the sooner it will end.

Forum...

Jerry

Look at original post. Hows that?

My favorite part is when he told me that there are 5-6 8x bluray diodes out there!

Hey jay, fix those quote tags, you need a [quote.] before all new paragraphs (without dot LOL)

mfo

This thread is epic. I feel bad for any newcomers or people that have been away for a while and have to read all of that though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.