Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

All Hail the King

I was inspired by member smeerworst to put my collection into a curio display and while I was in the process of shopping for one I ran into some thought about the whole thing.

For starters I always keep my collection in a lockable tool chest I had thought about their safety and the chest worked out nicely.

I then always thought that since my chest had wheels on it in the event of a fire or hurricane, flooding, meteor or some unlikely event I could get them out quickly... yes that means when I tell the wife "I'm out of here"!!! too.:na:

So once again I opted for the curio and man so far I'm really digging having my collection out in the open for me to see as I glance over. I picked up this curio on my local craigsl*st for 40.00US and around here there are a whole lotta to choose from.

When I picked out my curio I needed a medium sized one and I wanted to have one with as much front viewing as possible. I found one from a person whom said he was a geologist and used it for viewing his "rock" collection and I stated my laser hobby, fluorescing rocks, LPF, yadda, yadda and found it to be of an interesting conversation.:tinfoil:

After I set it up using tool box liner material I found I had over 83 pointers:gj::eek::eek::eek: My role here has been fulfilled. I have 2 more in the pipeline and then I will slow down in my builds:undecided:... I must live my role as "The King" here.:crackup::crackup:

So LPF members are there any with such amazing numbers as these??? if so post them. I know there is a collection thread already, let this thread serve for the "Big Boyz" in the neighborhood.

If there is a group of members here with such numbers then my next project will be a LPF help group, with a focus on laser hording and self treatment strategies.:na::na::na: we could meet in laser chat and give support and updates LHA (Laser Holics Anonymous).:eek:

Here are some pics then a short vid:

Top Shelf items
IMAG0139_zps1cdb0be1.jpg

Second shelf most all are boost:wave::wave::wave:
IMAG0141_zps4f2d36a9.jpg

Third shelf "The Monsters"
IMAG0144_zps2e865223.jpg

Fourth shelf "The Early Years" mostly linear drivers reds, blues, The Green shelf as well.
IMAG0146_zpsf0e4d82f.jpg

Those who remember the "dildas" the 2nd unit from the last dilda is a 12V pot modded dilda still kicking... good times, good times.:D

Finally the 5th shelf all linear blues, violets, even an IR dilda... yes one of the first Artics, with a tail clicky.
IMAG0148_zpsb0bc7eec.jpg

Bonus rep points for any one who can pick out my first ever pointer, it's in there,
here is a clue. One of these thing don't belong there one of these things
aren't the same... If you can remember that little jingle your going to find it quick. Thanks for looking. Peace out LPF.-jander6442

That's insane!! Very cool to have all of your handhelds on display like that.

As for your first laser, by chance is it a BFG (phraug) laser in the second shelf? I remember those were popular back when I joined LPF, and there is a black laser in your picture that looks a lot like it.

That's insane!! Very cool to have all of your handhelds on display like that.

As for your first laser, by chance is it a BFG (phraug) laser in the second shelf? I remember those were popular back when I joined LPF, and there is a black laser in your picture that looks a lot like it.

Thank you for the kind words... your on the right track, but your guess is not correct.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Awesome display jander! :beer:
Looks like you may need to be out looking for another display cabinet soon!

Repeat after me, ...."it has been X days since I last built a laser". :D

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
It wouldn't be the one in what appears to be the nylon holster on the 2nd to bottom shelf (right rear)?

Last edited:
Very nice and funny to see that i inspired you :)

It's indeed nice to walk by, and have a look at them when they are on display :D

Looks good jander6442 :beer:

Very nice and funny to see that i inspired you :)

It's indeed nice to walk by, and have a look at them when they are on display :D

Looks good jander6442 :beer:

Thank man... Yep you did it and BTW you are in the Big Boyz club as the founding member.:wave:

care to take a guess at the j-man's first laser????

Thank man... Yep you did it and BTW you are in the Big Boyz club as the founding member.:wave:

care to take a guess at the j-man's first laser????

I think one of the Dorcy's ?

And Cool , i'm in the club :D hehe ^_^ Yah!

It's good btw that you have a cabinet with mirror on the back ... makes it twice as ***y to look at.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
One more guess; in the small black box, bottom shelf, next to Spyder box?

It must be a 405nm diode (am i close ?)

The black one between the two reds second shelf with the shite sticker on it mA

Last edited: