Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

All Brass Host From Lifetime17

Hi everyone i placed an order from lifetime17 for an all brass host for a 1w 462nm laser diode the work that has been done to the host is amazing everything goes together perfect like it should i love the brass focus adapter shipped fast and well packed cant wait to place more orders lifetime17 is going to follow up some pics as i had to sell my phone camera i had before thats why i have not sold any more items on the forum in a while.

HEEYYYY I like that brass Buck Rodgers Adjuster, that looks good. :)

fullsizeoutput_a33-jpeg.62904

Hi, I like to do machining like that sometimes. I though it would give some character . Enjoy I usually only make a few of those.

Rich:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Looking good, Rich, that's a pretty one; brass is a lot of fun to work with! :cool:
Thanks for sharing, guys.

@ Lew and BTG,
Thanks guys nothing like polished brass nice and bright. Evans was delighted when he felt the heft of the host . Glad you all enjoyed it .

Brass does look good, but it isn't as good a heat sink as aluminum or copper. Just keep that in mind if you are trying to build higher power lasers that expel a lot of waste heat. That is a good looking host, Rich.

Hi Paul,
Thank You ,Thats what the customer wanted an all brass 1X18350 host. He might put in a low power diode not too sure.

Oh, I knew that, Rich. My comments weren't aimed at you but at him. I know that you are aware of the thermal conductivity of these different metals and alloys. I think the stainless steel hosts put out by some Chinese sellers are the silliest thing I have ever seen as a host material. It may look good, but it is a miserable heat conductor.

Hi Paul, we all know the the best material to wick away heat is AL and CU . But I go with the customers requests and try not to side track them. They are purchasing the host so whatever they like is a go. I know it wasn't aimed at me buddy..

Oh, I don't disagree at all. If someone wants a host made out of glass, it is their right to try to make any material work regardless of best evidence. You cannot be held responsible for someone else's poor choice of materials. I am just stating the obvious when I say that steel is a terrible host material.

Glass sounds great to me, can you make one to hold two 26650 batteries? Its thermal conductivity is about k = 1 W/m.K.

Re: Aluminum 237, copper 401, pure silver ~471.

Last edited:
Hi Alaskan,
Sure I can machine an all Brass 2x26650 host for you no problem. I will start it and let you know when its compete buddy. We can do a Coper core sink if you like let me know . Before I start...