Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

all blu ray diode pin outs not the same?

anselm

Then you should be fine, that voltage will go down with the diode attached.
MIND (discharge) THAT CAPACITOR!
What resistor value are you using? Something around 44 Ohm to give you 28ma, yes?

daguin

Sorry that is supposed to say doesn't. I am typing all this on my phone. So to clarify, the bottom pin does not make any contact with the case or heat sink. The middle pin (the one i am using for neg.) IS soldered to the diode case. The diode came from a Magnavox blu ray player (cheap black friday deal last year). Currently it is being driven at 8.2 volts and 28mA.

That doesn't tell us the model.

Peace,
dave

Every diode as at least 3 pins.

Positive pin.
Negative pin.
Grounding pin.

The "middle" pin you keep referring to that is connected directly to the case of the diode, is the grounding pin.

Morgan

Every diode as at least 3 pins.

Positive pin.
Negative pin.
Grounding pin.

The "middle" pin you keep referring to that is connected directly to the case of the diode, is the grounding pin.

Heck of a first post there buddy. Welcome to LPF! Say, "Hi...", in the, 'Welcome', section.

Not all diodes have at least three pins. What about IRs? They sometimes only have two.

You know, I'm sure I read recently that there was a new diode or module out that was conversely wired. Was it a green that was case negative? I'm sure I read it on here though. Kind of off topic but relevant.

M
:)

Last edited:
I'm supprised that nobody has asked this yet (he says it's from a bluRay player, but it sounds like he has a red diode,,,so)

Hey Ashenfang, what color do you get when you light 'er up?
If I recall correctly, top pin +, bottom pin - for blue's, top + middle (3 o'clock) - for RED's (and useless as it is, top -, middle + for I.R.'s)

Not so??

kend65

hi guy's great forum, i have a blu-ray ld like this,same pinout as most reds,it's from a toshiba bdx1100,sled is s8 0711k 412vt,running nicely on a 317 9v@115ma.any info on it would be appreciated

daguin

hi guy's great forum, i have a blu-ray ld like this,same pinout as most reds,it's from a toshiba bdx1100,sled is s8 0711k 412vt,running nicely on a 317 9v@115ma.any info on it would be appreciated

The Toshiba BDX1100 is a READER/PLAYER NOT a writer/burner.
I wouldn't push that diode any harder than you already are

Peace,
dave