Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aliexpress 200mW green laser review

Hello, I decided to risk my money into a laser from Aliexpress, I expect at least > 50mW from it, so if it burn stuff I'll be happy.

THE STORE:

The store are located at this address 'http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1512025', soon as I bought the laser, all the products was excluded from the page, seems that the guy has shut down it Aliexpress account.

DESCRIPTION:

Since my product is now unavailable, I have access to a snapshot of it:

Product Description
this is the newest model of a flashlight shaped green laser pointer torch, it is designed with a focusable lens, metal body.
Size: 14.5cm * 2.5cm
Wavelength: 405nm/543nm/650nm Blue&violet/ Green/Red
Range in darkness: 10,000 meters
Power Supply: 3.7V 18650 Industrial Package Li-ion Battery with multi-function charger
Focusable(you can change the size of the point)
Torch Color: Silver Black (leave message which want ,or random)

WHY I BOUGHT IT:

I know that is a chinese laser, I bought it because the host, I liked it, is different from the 301/303 lasers, if the laser stops to work I'll still have a cool host to use.

PACKING:

Not well packed, I perceived it immediately when the post man arrived, a simple yellow bag, the laser was inside a very tight bubble plastic, so if something had knocked it the laser could be damaged. Lucky, it arrived with no damage:

P1510829.jpg

P1510830.JPG

P1510831.JPG

THE LASER:

The laser is very lightweight, the finishing has some defects but nothing critic, the host seems to be a copy of the OX-G40 laser:

P1510832.JPG

P1510833.JPG

P1510834.JPG

The host is nice and comfortable, it have a big orange ON/OFF button that seems more robust than the lateral push buttons:

P1510838.JPG

OUTPUT:

Since I don't have a LPM, I'll guess the output, > 50mW and < 75mW (yup, <200mW, so it a on spec laser :crackup: ), the dot is clear and I don't noticed any mode hopping, TEM00.

P1510835.JPG

P1510839.JPG

Does it burn? Yes! I did some tests, I was able to burn electric tape and fire a match easily than my 303 did. I'm curious to know the real power/IR power of it.

P1510836.JPG

P1510840.JPG

SHIPPING:

The laser was shipped 19/01/2015 and arrived today, 19/03/2015, two months, a medium speed shipping here in Brazil.

Worth it? In my opinion, yes! The seller had 84% of positive feedback, and this laser didn't had any feedback, so I bought it blind wishing for the best. For me that use it only to point to stars and far objects is a very good laser, if I need do beam shots I'll go with high exposure, If I want enjoy the beam, just a bit of fog does the job.

CONS:

It could be shipped with something to put in the place of the kaleidoscopic diffraction grating, so dust don't go on the lens, as in the original image:

650nm-405nm-532nm-Blue-Violet-Red-Green-200mw-Lazer-Laser-pointer-pen-Burning-Matches-10000m-Zoomable.jpg

Of course, not close to 200mW, but feels like > 75mW, the kaleidoscopic diffraction grating is one of those generic seen in laser pens.

To protect the bare lens, I added a small plastic piece that should do the job.
P1510868.JPG

HOST:

The host comes with two rubber rings, in the announce, it says that are waterproof rings, but I don't want to try it, here are some other images of it:

P1510841.JPG

P1510844.JPG

P1510845.JPG

P1510846.JPG

Here some additional requested info.

Focus range: From infinite to 3cm.
Beam diameter at the opening: 1mm.
Beam divergence: 2.5cm at 9.8m; 2,45mRad.
Input current: 440mA (measured with 1R resistor at tailcap).

After 5 minutes of continuous use, the host gets a little hot, from 26ºC (room temp) to 30°C, the output was stable at TEM00 all the time.

P1510853.JPG

That's my first review, so, sorry for something. :beer:

Last edited:

I had some click buton lasers, one was a green JD-850 (that arrived broken) and one is a purple GD-320 (for my mother), I need to get used to it, if not it can be very dangerous.

Comparing the output to the other green lasers I had, this is the brighter one. It doesn't burn too well, but the beam is more bright than all the other lasers I had. Maybe less IR more green? I'll post some beamshots at night.

I had some click buton lasers, one was a green JD-850 (that arrived broken) and one is a purple GD-320 (for my mother), I need to get used to it, if not it can be very dangerous.

Comparing the output to the other green lasers I had, this is the brighter one. It doesn't burn too well, but the beam is more bright than all the other lasers I had. Maybe less IR more green? I'll post some beamshots at night.

Yeah some night beam pics would be great. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Focus range? Beam diameter? Beam divergence? Input current? Input voltage required for current regulation? Temp rise?

Why don't I see any numbers here?

Focus range? Beam diameter? Beam divergence? Input current? Input voltage required for current regulation? Temp rise?

I need to know what more the members wanna see, I'll try to provide those information soon as I can. Thanks for the input! :yh:

------- EDIT -------

Added to the first page.

Last edited:

kilter

Haha Cyp you really roastin all the reviews :p

Last edited: