Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aixiz Ultra Violet Lense?

I know that there is a 405G-1 Lense, but its 55 dollars just for it....

I just saw this on the Aixiz site while looking for the pricing for glass lenses

aixiz.com StoreFront

Has anyone ever purchased this and does it actually effect a 405nm?

They are AR coated glass lenses for blu-ray, they will give you a 5-10% increase in power for 405nm lasers, they also have one for 650nm lasers. Though IMHO i would just save up for jayrob's G1, which will give you around a 33% increase in power(405nm)

True that^! I bought, I tried and I saw it to be a small increase with the Axixz lens you speak of. It is however a glass lens and easier to clean, but that is most all of it's advantage. -Glenn

So basically if I want to juice up my PHR a little bit more without burning a hole in my wallet with the G-1 I should get the Aixiz AR coated glass lense?

KiLLrB

So basically if I want to juice up my PHR a little bit more without burning a hole in my wallet with the G-1 I should get the Aixiz AR coated glass lense?

Sure but why not save up a little and get even more power out of it?

KiLLrB

High schoolers aren't really made of money haha. I saved up 3 snow days just for my laser.

lol my bad but you think you are broke now wait till you get married and have a wife that likes to buy things.

Ya seriously dude, it just gets worse with age, hell i thought id be rich by now... NOPE:D
think about it though, if you dont buy the aixiz glass your $15 closer to a G1...

I know that there is a 405G-1 Lense, but its 55 dollars just for it....

I just saw this on the Aixiz site while looking for the pricing for glass lenses

aixiz.com StoreFront

Has anyone ever purchased this and does it actually effect a 405nm?
I found (with much appreciated help from Dave) that on a 6X with flexdrive the AixiZ 405 nm glass lens increased the output from 144mWs to 149mWs vs. the plastic lens that normally comes with the AixiZ module. Easier to clean and not the degradation issue. Add all that to the 15$ price and I am quite happy with it. Ships from Houston,Texas and AixiZ gets high marks for their customer service, Arrived in 4 days.--HZ

Last edited:
I've also used this lens and a similar one from o-like. The power increase is, as noted, small. You need an LPM to see the difference in power. The G-1 gives a noticeable increase.

Jayrob, how come aixiz lenses seem to be 3 parts, while yours and the o-like BR lenses both seem to be 1pc? Why does aixiz need 3 pcs to do what should be a 1 lens job?

Also, would a shorter focal length lens with everything else the same increase power when focused to infinity?

jayrob

The power will be pretty much the same... The differences is focal points will be minimal.

As far as different lens designs, it's just about quality vs cheap lenses...

But that said, the cheap AixiZ lenses make a very nice round dot. And are good lenses. Best 'bang for the buck'. You cannot be beat for the price...