Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

AixiZ Shipping and support, URGENT help needed!

n-sane

Hey guys,

A brief explanation of the problem:

In need of a quick diy laser for a science project, i ordered the aixiz 5mw enclosed good-to-go module.
Of course this was very hurried (that's me for ya) and i neglected to read their "add $3.50 to checkout manually" part for shipping before i paid via paypal the $12.00 price.

Now i'm pretty worried, because i need this by monday BADLY (a portion of the 10% of term mark rides on this). I contacted their "sales support" via email explaining the problem, bookmarked a chinese>english translation site and stuck $30 into paypal to pay whatever outrageous shipping they decide to slap me with now.

Where you guys come in:

I'd love if someone could either offer a solution to this problem, assure me that they will ship the thing right away with an invoice in the package, tell me how long their shipping usually takes to Canada (toronto) and lastly how much luck they've had reaching/understanding the sales support via email (should i phone perhaps?)...

Thanks again !!!

daguin

Re: AixiZ Shipping and support, URGENT help needed

Go to the store and buy a "novelty" laser and cut it to the size you need.

Peace,
dave

Ouch, don't customs take forever to pass items in Canada? I'd buy one at a local store as well. They often have an adjustable lens too.

Even if you did pay for shipping for Aixiz, it is unlikely that they would get it to you by Monday. I've had to wait a month for stuff from them before, and I'm in the US!

n-sane

Thanks a bunch for the reply, although that is very disturbing news;

One big question/concern though: the novelty AA-sized cat toy pointers that take 3 little button batteries and often have several heads with different sillhouette designs in them can be used as the optical assembly i need to use for a 200mw dvd-rw laser ??? Because last time i checked, it used a completely different ultra tiny diode mounted on a tiny pcb with a small pushbutton - positioning a 5.6mm diode in that would be somewhat of a pain...

Either way though, if these pointers CAN be used for their optics, someone PLEASE let me know, i will go through the trouble of making it work since this is mandatorily due by tuesday june 2nd.

I've still no reply from the "sales reps" of aixiz btw though...
I'm subscribing to this topic... a fast reply would be ultra appreciated!

n-sane

ONE OTHER THING :D

Could anyone let me know where i could by suitable optics (housing for a dvd-rw laser diode) in or around Toronto, canada? I'm willing to drive a considerable distance.

All your help is appreciated!

daguin

n-sane said:

Could anyone let me know where i could by suitable optics (housing for a dvd-rw laser diode) in or around Toronto, canada? I'm willing to drive a considerable distance.

I was not referring to "cat toys". There are many stores (in the US anyway) that carry 5mw "pen-style" pointers.

There are VERY few (none around me) that carry these supplies in a "brick and mortar" type store. Usually this type of thing is only available online. Research BEFORE the project begins is more important than the actual work on the project.

If you need to be done by Tuesday, the professor in me says you procrastinated too long. Good luck finishing this project in three days (over a weekend)

Peace,
dave

JLSE

n-sane said:

Most of the pointers you will find have a chip, and no diode. These type cases will not work. You can check out Efstonscience at Dufferin & 401, if you dont know of it, its across from Yorkdale Mall and has a huge telescope on the roof. They carry traditional non china type reds with brass diode housings. But of course there is no guaruntee that the internals have the non chip config.

Hope this helped

Joe.

n-sane

Ah yes i do remember them ! Been there when i was a kid; excellent idea, thanks for the reminder !

styropyro said:
Even if you did pay for shipping for Aixiz, it is unlikely that they would get it to you by Monday. I've had to wait a month for stuff from them before, and I'm in the US!

I recently got some great customer service from Aixiz on a packaging mistake they had done. I emailed them about it and the missing items arrived in a couple days :)

me = happy customer

n-sane

I still don't even have a reply ! Which email did you guys use ???