Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aixiz Glass Lenses-- How much better?

Zom-B

When I want more power, my standard trick is to measure what the active diameter is of the bare lens (without the protruding edge) and then drill all the holes to the same diameter. Makes a cheap <5mW bullet laser pointer almost 15mW. Might be doable with the Aixiz (haven't checked becaue I haven't bought one yet)

Attachments

• HPIM2235.jpg
    HPIM2235.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 148

daguin

chido said:
Just cut it with a sharp knife or something, it's not that hard.

Here's how I do it. I screw the lens into an empty module backward until it is flush. Then I use a pointed X-acto knife blade to cut the plastic. I place the point of the blade into the hole at a shallow angle with the sharp side up. Doing it this way protects your hand from a slip and helps prevent me from accidentally scratching the lens.

After the blade is placed in the hole, I push down on the handle of the knife. This forces the blade up through the plastic. I then repeat this about 6-8 times rotating the module between cuts. You now have the back looking like a pie that is ready to be served.

I grasp each "section" individually with some fine pointed pliers and flex the piece up. It usually breaks off fairly cleanly at the junction of the threaded barrel. I'm sure that tweezers would work.

Clean up any rough edges. Unscrew the lens. You are ready to enjoy the full potential of the diode and keep from having the plastic melt and possibly fouling the lens or diode.

Peace,
dave

Zom-B

I don't know what you exactly mean. I don't modify the lens, only the lens compartment and the bullet tip. I fix them in a vise, with or without some hardwood blocks, when drilling