Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

aixiz case and ld

Things

these modules all seem to look exactly like mine, but i think mine is abit smaller though?i didn't buy mine from aixiz either??
pulld.JPG

One problem I have found with the chrome one is that if you are trying to combine different colour beams, if you change the focus it moves the beam and you need to play with the convergance again :(

Regards rog8811

S

SenKat

Rog - that can be fixed by widening the gap at the backside of the lense....but be careful when doing that, as one scratch on the lense, and it is toast !

Hi Senkat, I seem to remember Hemlock mentioning something about hand drilling it out..... I may give it a try if I get too fedup with having to fiddle with it.

Regards rog8811

Skram0

Gazoo said:
Cute lil' buggers aren't they.. ;D Now Aixiz is selling them even smaller. The new ones are 6mm X 10mm, compared to the ones we have which are 8mm X 13mm.
How would you buy the 6x10mm module? There's no pricing on their site, and no button to "Add to Cart". Their site is so backasswards. The logic in it is so chaotic, no structure at all. Is the 6x10 even focusable?

Skram0

ahhh..duh. :-/

heh, i like the little hands in their pix.. I guess that's for scale ;D

Skram0 said:
[quote author=Gazoo link=1189558182/0#13 date=1189647881]Cute lil' buggers aren't they.. ;D Now Aixiz is selling them even smaller. The new ones are 6mm X 10mm, compared to the ones we have which are 8mm X 13mm.
How would you buy the 6x10mm module? There's no pricing on their site, and no button to "Add to Cart". Their site is so backasswards. The logic in it is so chaotic, no structure at all. Is the 6x10 even focusable?[/quote]

http://www.mfgcn.com/

Gazoo

Yeah but I didn't see any add to cart button for the 6mm module and that is why I suggested ebay. He has them listed there. ;)

SenKat said:
GAH !
Don't do that ! it'll ruin the housing :)

The EASIEST way to do it is use a vise ! If you do not have one, go buy one, they are fairly cheap !

Place the pins of the diode into the small hole in the back end of the module.....now, pkace the "head" of the module over teh top of the diode (the way it is supposed to be !) and hold that "diode-sandwich" together, placing the entire thing into a vise. now, close the vise up a little bit at a time, being careful not to pinch your fingers....once you SEE the diode seat itself, loosen the vise and you are DONE !
Whoever is freaked out with the thought of getting this diode into its new housing, USE GREG'S VISE TECHNIQUE!!! Don't hammer or even tap the sucker. The vise smoothly and gently presses the little guy home with no trauma or shock at all. AND, it only takes a few seconds if you're careful. I use the same technique to add tiny pinion gears to motors for my R/C helicopters but it didn't dawn on me for our lasers until Greg mentioned it. Thanks Dude! One more hurdle down. :)

Ashton

Skram0 said:
How come my Aixiz module looks different?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but that houseing is identical to the one I have, and that LD is a standard 3-pin LD without a driverboard, with wires jsut soddered to the legs.

Ashton

Whoever is freaked out with the thought of getting this diode into its new housing, USE GREG'S VISE TECHNIQUE!!! Don't hammer or even tap the sucker. [/quote]

you can also, if you're careful, use vice-grip pleirs (or normal pliers) and gently apply force to 2 opposite sides of the diode at once. This can scrach the casing, though, only use pliers if you're going to be including the casing inside another casing to hide any scratches to the finish.

I just posted a picture showing how to remove the old LD from the Aixiz...It only seemed fair to post one showing how to fit the new one.

I hope it helps....

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• fit_diode_001.jpg
    fit_diode_001.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 104