Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Air-cooled Argon-Krypton whitelight

I've seen one before, at SELEM. Got to play with the PCAOM to tune to various wavelengths. The 568 was gorgeous :)

Some neat pics from tonight's work. Most of which include the spot from a dozen lines lasing at once, the last one is when the OC was misaligned. For some reason, the red lased best when misaligned, it lased VERY well when misaligned. So when the OC was off, there was a greater red density on the center spot. Looked quite pretty, a beautiful magenta to the human eye.

aghs.jpg

80oa.jpg

uhew.JPG

sa3n.jpg

Last edited:

yeah. pretty stuff bloom. I'm quite amazed. I've never been to SELEM after all, but I think it would be fun.

I'll stop spamming pictures before it gets old :)

Though I may make a video if I get too bored this weekend :p

SELEM was breathtaking. Just make sure you take an extra day or two off after to reset your sleep cycle.

I was never able to get 676 :( Perhaps I eventually will have a nice healthy multi-watt Lexel 85 or something :eg:

Either way, max lines so far is 12, and that is with all the planets aligned, and Tinker Bell breathing on the optics. With a good alignment, I can get 11 lines :)

If only this grating wasn't so old and splotchy, I'd like to see 11 crisp spots, but I guess I cannot complain too much.

If anyone wants some more info on this, feel free to post here. Or if you want a picture of something, I have nothing against opening the head again for pics :)

The things I do to please you people :p

How much of the tube arc light is exposed? Probably none, but doesn't hurt to ask. Would be nice to see a shot of it running with the cover off. I wish your camera didn't yellow everything out so much... or maybe you have REALLY low color temp lighting in there, haha.

Last edited:
The slits in the shell near the output, allow me to see the cathode end. I'll see if I can snap a shot of this in the morning before I fly out. It's neat, as the whole inside changes color based on alignment. :)

Not too comfortable running it without the case, not sure how I could get good circulation that way..

Also, real fan in, I'll be grabbing it in the morning.

Although there's nothing more that you will see with the head open. The tube is not clear, the cathode light that can be seen from the side of the head is all that will be seen with the cover off.

It's funny that krypton plasma is actually quite blue, even on my krypton which currently has red only mirrors.

You can see it where the metal end bells seal to the beryllium oxide bore of the tube before it enters the cooling fins.

P1000241.jpg

I feel the ArKr will be the same, as argon is the same way if I recall.

It is pretty neat though, imagine all the non-lasing blue light being created, must be a ton.