Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ahoy!

I found this forum while looking for information to use in building my own DIY version of the Laser Genetics "Laser Designator". (I think of it more as a laser spotlight) I have one simple laser build so far which was nothing more then fitting a 100mW module I purchased from ebay into the head of a 3 AA flashlight. Luckily I have access to all the fabrication tools you can think of. Unfortunately I do not know a lot about lasers :( Now I get to learn about lasers AND optics at the same time. My simpleton brain is already starting to hurt :confused: If anyone can help in anyway please feel free! I hope to be a useful and active member here but please forgive me if my participation is spotty. I will do the best I can.

Birdieshooter

Welcome! (and don't forget to read the rules!)

I read them, did I miss something already? Now I am all paranoid! I can't keep track of everything. I need an assistant to organize all my forum memberships and make sure I don't break the law.

I read them, did I miss something already? Now I am all paranoid! I can't keep track of everything. I need an assistant to organize all my forum memberships and make sure I don't break the law.

Nope :) That's just my standard greeting; a lot of people don't even think of reading them so I always point it out.

Thanks for all the welcomes! I just finally got a chance to come back to LPF and I am going to try and resume my laser designator project so I thought I would post here again to say that hopefully I will be lurking around some now and actually get to participate in some of the fun.

vk2fro

Welcome to LPF!

Wait till you start building your own laser show. Then things get fun. A basic personal show can be had from a pointer and a few odds and ends, up to a full colour system where the laser alone will set you back the price of a not so cheap paddock basher (cheap car for hooning around a farm on), with powers approaching several hundred milliwatts to several watts or more!

You'll enjoy your stay here, the crowd is mostly friendly, and some of the builds quite amazing.

I will be building one of Jayrobs kits soon, and stuffing a 445 diode in there.

Dont forget to get some saftey goggles. 100mw can do a bit of damage to your eyes.

Cheers
Ben

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! Be careful with lasers and get quality eye protection. You will like it here! :)