Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Age of empires 3

ben74

Anyone play aoe3 on game ranger?

I'll challenge any one here to a 1v1.

Jaseth

Anyone play AoE II, Conquerors Expansion? It brings back such great memories..

Good luck finding someone to play against, I'm sure there will be someone here up to it!

ben74

I bought age of empires 2 for the ps2. It came on a blue cd disk which made the ps2 shake like hell and would heat up fast.

Good luck finding someone to play against, I'm sure there will be someone here up to it!

I used to play the conquerors. In fact, I bought the expansion pack years ago and was in love with it. Recruiting paladins ;)

Jaseth

I bought age of empires 2 for the ps2. It came on a blue cd disk which made the ps2 shake like hell and would heat up fast.
Wow that sounds weird.. pirated? I have only played the original real deal on computer..

I used to play the conquerors. In fact, I bought the expansion pack years ago and was in love with it. Recruiting paladins ;)
Ahh yes, IMO it is still one of the best games ever. It just doesn't get old! Even with all these ultra advanced graphics games, huge maps, full 3D and almost perfect physical universe.. the entertainment value of AoE is huge.

Seb

Wow that sounds weird.. pirated? I have only played the original real deal on computer..

Ahh yes, IMO it is still one of the best games ever. It just doesn't get old! Even with all these ultra advanced graphics games, huge maps, full 3D and almost perfect physical universe.. the entertainment value of AoE is huge.

Seb

You think we can play 1v1 someday? is the game capable of establishing a connection?

Have you ever played a ps2 lol? Quite a few games came on these blue/purple disks and they were absolute CRAP! I don't know what the hell the deal was with them.

I am a MASTER at age of empires 2: conquerors expansion.
i've literally been playing age of empires for around 11 years now. starting with the first one in 1998....
for some reason it's never gotten boring to me. i play mostly LN FFA on voobly (formerly IGZ) (Mohrenberg is my name on there too)
although i hit my peak years ago....seem to get worse at games with age. i'm still good, but my younger self would of stomped me in a hearbeat.

lol it's age of empires 3 not 2.

The old age of empires ages have passed. No matter how many new age of empires game will be released, The Conquerors will remain the number one most epic strategy game. I feel bad that I never actually learnt to play that good. I loved the paladin units. Damn, those memories :(

Things

I still have & play Conquerors, still the best one IMO :)

Shame they took down the online multiplayer for it, but me and my bro's sometimes have LAN games, it's really fun.

I usually just end up sending in villagers and building craploads of bombard towers in the middle of the enemies city :p

Jaseth

You think we can play 1v1 someday? is the game capable of establishing a connection?
I think there might be a server which still allows you to play online.. but I haven't been able to find it. I have tried other options such as direct IP link, but it doesn't work. Only LAN has worked since the Zone was shut down.
I would love to play against you if we manage to establish a connection :)

Have you ever played a ps2 lol? Quite a few games came on these blue/purple disks and they were absolute CRAP! I don't know what the hell the deal was with them.

I have played a PS2 many times, but I have never owned one.. never owned any PS or X-box as a matter of fact. Those discs sound terrible :S And they were completely original, legit copies? Maybe they used a wrong type of plastic - certain types resonate with the vibrations of the machine more easily and it makes them go crazy - I once had a pirated version of the (VERY) old Magic the Gathering game, since I owned the original but it could only be used on Windows 98 and older.. and that CD was a funny sort of plastic, more bendy than usual. One day I was playing and suddenly it started making funny noises and BOOM it exploded inside the drive. That was a nasty mess to clean up.

I am a MASTER at age of empires 2: conquerors expansion.
i've literally been playing age of empires for around 11 years now. starting with the first one in 1998....
for some reason it's never gotten boring to me. i play mostly LN FFA on voobly (formerly IGZ) (Mohrenberg is my name on there too)
although i hit my peak years ago....seem to get worse at games with age. i'm still good, but my younger self would of stomped me in a hearbeat.

That is really cool to hear, perhaps we should play a 1v1 some day. Does this "voobly" allow you to still play online even though the Zone shut down?
Recently I have actually played it a couple of times when playing LAN with my friends - it seems to bring back a lot of memories (and a lot of "wow, this game is still awesome) to everyone.
When I was small I used to play it all the time, both against the AI and on the internet, but apart from the recent 3 games I haven't played for years! I've still got it though, beat all my friends :)

lol it's age of empires 3 not 2.
Sorry for the HUGE threadjack, it's just that AoE II brings back so many good memories that I guess we can't stop talking about it.. and hey, free :bumpit: for you!
Just let me know if you would prefer us to start a separate thread for this though, sorry again.

Seb

i own 2 and 3, and like 2 the most.

things, you can still play it online, voobly.com