Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

After focusing "Whiskers"

Blord

I don't think a lens would produced a sandhour glass shape. My best guest is a tiny particle is on the emitting die of the diode. That would be hard to clean ! :eek:

DTR

I can guarantee the lens is in the correct way unless the focus ring was removed off it. I have seen similar lines going out if there is debris in the path of the light. Either way if you want to get pictures of the diodes raw output and with the lens screwed in just a turn and a half into the module to check for debris that could help.

If he wants he can send it back to me I am sure the lens or diode window has just gotten something on it and needs to be cleaned.:beer:

diode is fine, as proven by the raw output pic. If the whiskers don't turn with the lens, it must be a contaminant between the diode window and the lens. Or the lens is wrong in some way.

I can guarantee the lens is in the correct way unless the focus ring was removed off it. I have seen similar lines going out if there is debris in the path of the light. Either way if you want to get pictures of the diodes raw output and with the lens screwed in just a turn and a half into the module to check for debris that could help.

If he wants he can send it back to me I am sure the lens or diode window has just gotten something on it and needs to be cleaned.:beer:

Here lies the problem. My father was checking it and looking through it when he decide to free the lens from the assembly. He placed it on soft cloth, but that still leaves dust and incorrect re-installation. I could put it back together if I had proper order.

Picture in 2 hours

If that doesn't do it then Ile send it back with a tip for the trouble

DTR

Here lies the problem. My father was checking it and looking through it when he decide to free the lens from the assembly. He placed it on soft cloth, but that still leaves dust and incorrect re-installation. I could put it back together if I had proper order.

Picture in 2 hours

If that doesn't do it then Ile send it back with a tip for the trouble

You can just clean it with a lent free cloth. The flat side of the lens goes toward the diode in the bottom of the retainer.:)

When you have re-installed the lens in the retainer screw it into the module just a half turn and turn the unit on to make sure you don't see any debris on the lens. If you do repeat the cleaning until it is clear.:beer:

Last edited:
Its been fixed! I found some gnarly lint I must have slipped in there, on top of the lens being in backwards. Made a bad problem seem worse!

Thank you all so much for helping. :D