Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Advice for buying a laser

cust11

I also have a GGW running at a conservative 190ma's with a 405-G-1 Lens on it and Its definitly a great burner. To be honest I spend most of my time on my home built Red Labby burning things with it .

regards
sbdwag

Touche~

-Mike

cust11

Thanks guys, the only problem with BUILDING my own is that, well that involves time, research, KNOW HOW, which I don't yet have, and SKILL with these parts, which I dont yet have. I can get an already assembled blue ray 130mW or waterproof red 200mW both for less than $100. I would like to eventually build my own, but with 3 weeks left until I start college, I don't think I have time to learn the necessary skills to DI myself. Both have their charecteristics that I really like. One the one hand there is bluray, with superior burning power but less visibility, on the other, a red with slightly less ability to burn, but the ability to go underwater and superior visibility. It's really hard to decide.

BTW if I post pics of my piece of shi* green laser from ebay, could u guys help me figure out how to take it apart and see if there is any hope yet for it? It does not have a removable head I don't think, that or it's glued down REALLY good. inside the battery compartment behind the spring, I think you can gain access, but it seems like all the parts are glued in and nearly impossible to remove. I'll post a picture.

Modifying a green laser pointer usually end in destroying one or more critical components. Typically modding a green pen is a no no on the forum.

-Mike

Here are some pictures of my cheapo ebay greenie "100mW" please tell me whether there is hope for it. Obviously it loses alot of power in the scatter ring. However when I first got it, it didn't have all the scatter and it still wouldn't burn anything. the scatter started a few days after i got it.

Attachments

• CAM_0830.JPG
    CAM_0830.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 115
  • CAM_0831.JPG
    CAM_0831.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 141
  • CAM_0832.JPG
    CAM_0832.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 114
  • CAM_0834.JPG
    CAM_0834.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 146
  • CAM_0835.JPG
    CAM_0835.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 110
  • CAM_0840.JPG
    CAM_0840.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 144

cust11

That scatter looks like crap on the lens to me. Very carefully clean the lens with 91% iso-alcohol and a q-tip. Swapping q-tips after each swipe so you don't rub the dirt across the very fragile lens. It may verywell put out 100mW.. 5mW green/95mW IR *shrug* Guess that means it is time for an upgrade ;)

-Mike

It wouldn't even pop a black balloon. I seriously doubt it's doing 100mW, but I'll try cleaning it and take a new picture, give me a few minutes. Ill brb

Dang it, we r out of alcohol, will get some tomorrow. Will anything else work? I suppose water is a no-no.

Hey I was wondering. What kind of burning range do you get with the bluray vs. the red? From how far away can each pop a balloon. The bluray being 130mW, the red being 200mW?

Last edited:

jeffd

i have a 275mw-300mw red laser that i will sell you. Pm if your interested

Specs
flex drive at 425ma's
aixiz glass lens
loc diode
pallide host
Built by darkarmyofone!

This thing burns like crazy. Ive popped balloons from across my house. I was trying to take some beam shots of it with my other lasers and it was focused to infinity and it started burning my tv frame across the room. Also it has a visible beam at night.

D

Deleted member 8382

well, maybe you are not impresed with the beam, but, what can you tell me about the fluorescence with a bluray?

Playing with a bluray and some luminescent paint is always great :D

Yours,
Albert

You could ask Darkarmyofone to build you an 8x >400mW bluray for $400.00

Thanks but I bought a 130mW bluray from Hallucynogenyc. My man personality will probably come out after a while and want a bigger and better one though, so I'll keep that in mind for the future. 400mW is intense! I wonder what kind of burning power one could get from such a device, if only I had the money to buy a collection. I guess it will have to happen gradually. :) btw, do any companies ever give out "free" lasers for users to review? If so, I'm excellent at making a product "shine." Plus I have a nice HD vid and still cam for all kinds of shots.

daguin

:) btw, do any companies ever give out "free" lasers for users to review? If so, I'm excellent at making a product "shine." Plus I have a nice HD vid and still cam for all kinds of shots.

Not to someone with 26 posts and a rep power of zero!

Learn and earn

Peace,
dave

well, of course not, I was just curious. In time all of that comes. Rep power goes up by posts right? Or do people have to give it to you? by clicking the little white balance under your name?