Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Added reputation system

Lorgar

A poll would be good need to limit rep to once per person just like when you vote

ixfd64

I found a way to give myself reputation points. This should probably be fixed, as it could be abused. I won't publically post how to do it, though.

ixfd64 said:
I found a way to give myself reputation points. This should probably be fixed, as it could be abused. I won't publically post how to do it, though.
HAHA! I just tried it, it works! I guess a user could give them self +1 every week, so it could be abused.

Kenom

OK here comes my $.02. A reputation rating is not a bad thing. but like it's not beneficial to put your name on an impression of a person cause it turns into a bashing game. A reputation is not necessarily usefull. However a general feedback rating that is "anonymous" Might be useful. If someone has a general impression of me that I'm a pompous ass and doesn't want to just outright say it, being able to anonymously report to others "this person will try to take every penny you will make from now until the ends of time" would be.

i agree with kenom. however, what about making the "removing rep points" anonymus while the "adding rep points" has to be personal?

Things

Erm, i cant seem to figure out how to give myself rep points, H4X0RZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

I think that the option to post a picture/video in the rep comment should not be allowed, you dont need a picture to tell someone why they got positive or negative rep, and it would keep all those huge pictures from taking up half of the rep page.

....lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

wooooooolazer said:
I think that the option to post a picture/video in the rep comment should not be allowed, you dont need a picture to tell someone why they got positive or negative rep, and it would keep all those huge pictures from taking up half of the rep page.

....lazer.... ;D ;D ;D
I think in the actual rep modification, reps are almost treated like an actual post in the scripts. I could be wrong, but if that is right I don't think it would be very easy to block pictures (because they are URLs) in the rep comments.