Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

About Maybe fake Jetlaser 2W-445nm

As a post title,

Since I am not sure of the genuineness of my laser pointer purchased years ago ... I would disassemble it so we can build a 2W-445nm portable mini pointer, and not that two-meter "cannon"! I ask:

Where Do Aluminum Cuts Do? what precise points? (not to hurt everything)

Thanks for your attention !

diachi

iXq7EIM.gif

Encap

As a post title,

Since I am not sure of the genuineness of my laser pointer purchased years ago ... I would disassemble it so we can build a 2W-445nm portable mini pointer, and not that two-meter "cannon"! I ask:

Where Do Aluminum Cuts Do? what precise points? (not to hurt everything)

Thanks for your attention !

Your question does not make any sense. Not enough infomation for anyone to answer.

How is anyone going to know what it is without a picture.

What difference does it make "What do aluminium cuts do" if you are going to disassemble it and reuse the diode part --- just do it?

Last edited:
Your question does not make any sense. Not enough infomation for anyone to answer.

How is anyone going to know what it is without a picture.

What difference does it make "What do aluminium cuts do" if you are going to disassemble it and reuse the diode part --- just do it?

Already photos .... otherwise it is impossible to give advice to my question!
As already asked, from attached picture .... where do I have to cut?
The affected part is where the "spring" is visible up to the head of laser, ie where the beam comes out! once the "module block" containing the diode welded to + and - is removed, and the driver...
ple-pro-lasers-jetlasers-high-power-1.jpg

I want to move it to a host like this i attach :
HT14khkFNNdXXagOFbX0.jpg

I would try to build from a pipe the rough aluminum of the same size as the "finished" " in the picture ! I think I've been fairly explicit and clear now ...!

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I'm still not sure what you're trying to do, but if it's just removing the diode/driver from the J/L laser, and installing it in the golden colored host, I'd simply buy the appropriate diode from DTR and go that route; much easier!
I surely wouldn't be cutting up a working J/L PLE just for the diode.

Sell the Jetlaser, use the money to buy what you need for your new build.

Edit: This wouldn't be an easy switch for someone who has never done anything like this; J/L hosts are put together with a high strength epoxy type glue, and not made to be taken apart.
The heatsink is also going to be too large for your new host; IMO, you're looking at a lot of work.

Last edited:
I'm still not sure what you're trying to do, but if it's just removing the diode/driver from the J/L laser, and installing it in the golden colored host, I'd simply buy the appropriate diode from DTR and go that route; much easier!
I surely wouldn't be cutting up a working J/L PLE just for the diode.

Sell the Jetlaser, use the money to buy what you need for your new build.

Edit: This wouldn't be an easy switch for someone who has never done anything like this; J/L hosts are put together with a high strength epoxy type glue, and not made to be taken apart.
The heatsink is also going to be too large for your new host; IMO, you're looking at a lot of work.

In fact, it has not yet been well understood what I want to do, (cursed to google translate)
I will try to be as clear as possible ... google permitting !!!!
Have you seen the Jetlaser photo? ok ... looks good the part where there is the contact spring to the part where the laser beam goes ok? let the extensions lose the batteries ...!
Inside there is a single aluminum module, where there is the diode in which the diodes are welded + and - they connect to the driver in turn welded + and - and then there is the spring that closes the contact ok?

Now I want to know to pull out the "form" that in turn contains etc ... etc ...
Where do I have to cut to not ruin the form? the cut should be carried horizontally gently both above and below, to open the host in two as an apple!

Did you understand me now?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
You are going to have to saw, or grind that part of the host if you do it the way you are speaking of.
IMO, there is no one correct place to do this, additionally, with all that cutting, there is a chance that you are going to damage the diode.

It would be easier, although still a lot of work, to disassemble the host, and remove the "form" from the end of the host.

Right ..... and there the donkey falls .... I just "host"
I want to disassemble and pull out the module as you just told me! but how to disassemble it?
I tried it but it is hard and it seems to be a single block .... (so I was asking for the cut)

Tips on how to "disassemble" it? nobody in the forum ever did it? if I could do it without damaging the diode or driver I would be a wizard?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
As I mentioned previously, they will come apart; the attack crown, the focus adjuster, lens, heatsink retainer are all threaded on and glued with a super strong epoxy glue, that I've found only comes loose with heat, and lots of it.
This alone is probably enough to damage the electronics inside the host.
I've taken many J/L hosts apart, although they were a different host (Ti-B), the process would be similar.

Edit: Here is a link to one of my J/L Ti-B builds, in it you can see the components, and how they are disassembled.

Last edited:
Thanks, check it out right now and let me know!

Yep i watch all screenshots.... exactly.... so and so is if i want to do with my LaserPointer ...

Although they are very different! but the same as driving!

You have a beautiful Chevy ...! what model is it? Camaro?

Last edited:
Pretty Good ! Thx for all BTG. :beer:

One think : What happened to the finger of my reputation?
Drop of red blood cells? "Rep Power: 0" because ?

Last edited:
The external and internal thread of this brass copper host can be carried out with electric lathe? or is it okay to thread the tubes too? (es, 2 ", 3" etc ... to understand)

HT14khkFNNdXXagOFbX0.jpg

Encap

Do you actually have the JetLasers and OX-BX8 laser or just manufacturers pictures?
You certainly can make and post some real photos if you have the lasers. You have posted pictures before---so why no real pictures.
You will ruin the JetLasers laser and probably the diode also trying to get the diode out of the JetLasers module--just sell it if you don't want it.
You can buy the OX BX8 new for only $105

If you need a diode you can get a diode from anyone on eBay or from DTR here: https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/

Here is a thread showing all of a JetLaser PL-E apart but when JetLasers assembles they use very strong epoxy glue --not easy to take apart--not meant to be taken apart by end user: https://laserpointerforums.com/f52/450nm-ndb7875-2a-pl-e-97510.html

Last edited:
Do you actually have the JetLasers and OX-BX8 laser or just manufacturers pictures?

You certainly can make and post some real photos if you have the lasers. You have posted pictures before---so why no real pictures.

You will ruin the JetLasers laser and probably the diode also trying to get the diode out of the JetLasers module--just sell it if you don't want it.

You can buy the OX BX8 new for only $105

If you need a diode you can get a diode from anyone on eBay or from DTR here: https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/

What is it you actually want to do? You are have not clearly explained what that is.

Here is a thread showing all of a JetLaser PL-E apart but when JetLasers assembples they use very strong epoxy glue --not easy to take apart --need a lot of force and probably heat: https://laserpointerforums.com/f52/450nm-ndb7875-2a-pl-e-97510.html

Of course I have the real photos!
I posted it when I joined LPF! So what BTG did understand me and gave me a star! now how can you see my question is another!
It's on internal and external threads!