Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A Work of Art

BobMc

Awhile ago I commissioned BlackOps to build me a little pocket 405 burner. Have to say he did a fantastic job. This is a waterproof little beauty. It's hard to describe just how solid this little guy is. Have to compare it to a Sanwu pocket with the threads being butter smooth. Only this little guy has twice the weight, so solid it's hard to describe unless you hold it in your hand. It has reverse polarity protection which is just a big plus. It's built with a phr805t 405 diode and a 3 element lens. This is a "Work of Art" there's no other way to describe it. It puts out about 80mw's off of one 10280 battery which means this little guy can go anywhere and start fires and be a real crowd pleaser. :D So I gotta take my hat off and give BlackOps a round of applause for such a fantastic build,it was much more than I can say. :gj:
So without more ado it's time for the pictures, how you enjoy them. I know I'm going to enjoy this little beauty. :drool:
IMG_1462_zps3iy4uelx.jpg
IMG_1464_zpsuzvkymtc.jpg
IMG_1462_zps3iy4uelx.jpg
IMG_1465_zps4wikgzz7.jpg
IMG_1470_zpslpysyyie.jpg
IMG_1461_zpsrxv7k5rc.jpg
IMG_1459_zpsdp6hkttg.jpg
IMG_1460_zpsbmautgbp.jpg

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It does look like a very sturdy and well built host. I can appreciate that it is something you need to hold in your hand to truly understand it. A big plus it being waterproof as well. Enjoy your new laser Bob, and well done to BlackOps for his efforts. :beer:

BobMc

It does look like a very sturdy and well built host. I can appreciate that it is something you need to hold in your hand to truly understand it. A big plus it being waterproof as well. Enjoy your new laser Bob, and well done to BlackOps for his efforts. :beer:

Thanks Curtis, it sure is a beauty :), He well deserves the accolades.

Radim

Nice laser, enjoy it!
BTW I like how you put the paper towel below - I assume it is from same reason I do this with pieces clothes, paper towels etc. - to protect its surface from scratches as much as possible. I really feel pain when I see some photos of fine lasers being put on concrete and other hard materials, especialy where sharp dust particles, sand etc. might be present.
Wanted to rep you, but spreading limit still applies.

And congratulation for 1k posts, you are going to be eligible for LPF veteran club soon.

BobMc

Nice laser, enjoy it!
BTW I like how you put the paper towel below - I assume it is from same reason I do this with pieces clothes, paper towels etc. - to protect its surface from scratches as much as possible. I really feel pain when I see some photos of fine lasers being put on concrete and other hard materials, especialy where sharp dust particles, sand etc. might be present.
Wanted to rep you, but spreading limit still applies.

And congratulation for 1k posts, you are going to be eligible for LPF veteran club soon.

Thanks Radim, yes I try to keep my units scratch free. But every once in awhile when your trying so hard to keep stuff clean and scratch free they just jump off the table. Hate it when they do that! :D

And thanks, I'll be a vet soon, wonder if that means, I'm not an old guy yet? Please, will someone tell my Son that, he seem to keep reminding me. :) and he laughs and laughs :thinking:

Last edited:

Vision

That's a really cool and sturdy looking host. I've seen variants of this in gold/brass color. This one looks nice too. Congrats on becoming a vet!

Radim

Thanks Radim, yes I try to keep my units scratch free. But every once in awhile when your trying so hard to keep stuff clean and scratch free they just jump off the table. Hate it when they do that! :D

And thanks, I'll be a vet soon, wonder if that means, I'm not an old guy yet? Please, will someone tell my Son that, he seem to keep reminding me. :) and he laughs and laughs :thinking:

You are welcome, Bob.

No worries, age is just a number of turns you made around the sun. Nothing more. You are as old as you feel. ;)

BobMc

Yes, you can become a vet now Bob. ;)

I think I got 3 more days, need to be a member for a year. My join date is 4/16 so I'm guessing the count down has started. :)

You are welcome, Bob.

No worries, age is just a number of turns you made around the sun. Nothing more. You are as old as you feel. ;)

:thanks: for the chuckes. :)

Ps, sometimes I feel like I'm, never mind. :D

Last edited:

Radim

I think I got 3 more days, need to be a member for a year. My join date is 4/16 so I'm guessing the count down has started. :)
Do not forget to celebrate it. :beer:

:thanks: for the chuckes. :)

Ps, sometimes I feel like I'm, never mind. :D

Yes, me too. But I've younger girlfriend, therefore she keeps me younger in my mind when worries come. ;)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It feels like you have been on here a lot longer, which is good thing Bob. :p
Message Coldshadow anyway as he may just add you to the whitelist regardless of a few days.

Last edited:

diachi

It feels like you have been on here a lot longer, which is good thing Bob. :p
Message Coldshadow anyway as he may just add you to the whitelist regardless of a few days.

Yeah, I imagine an exception could be made for the sake of 3 days. :p

There's nothing too exciting in the vets section anyway... :whistle: