Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A question...

audio

Alright then. The other night I was messing around with my 150 greenie. I then realized that I have some glow in the dark shot glasses. My mind exploded. I was really pumped to see what my laser would do to them. However, upon experimentation, I realized the glow in the dark shot glasses do not respond to my lasering?

Anyone know why this is? I'm confuse. :thinking:

Glow in the dark stuff only reacts well to a violet "blu-ray" laser.

Nothing glow in the dark reacts to the green laser.

Glow in the dark reacts the best with 405nm(blu-ray) light, tehe farther you go away from that(towards IR) the effect is less and actually start to reverse it at around 650nm for me, so it make glow in the dark items even darker.

*edit*^Photo beat me...

audio

Glow in the dark reacts the best with 405nm(blu-ray) light, tehe farther you go away from that(towards IR) the effect is less and actually start to reverse it at around 650nm for me, so it make glow in the dark items even darker.

*edit*^Photo beat me...

Starts to reverse it?

It just doesn't make sense for me, I figured something that bright would effect the glow in the dark "stuff". Perhaps I was just too hopeful.

It's not how much power, it's all about the color.

Even a weak blu ray will make glowies freak out.

You can hit them with enough green to melt them into a pile of smoldering goo, but they will not react to it otherwise.

audio

It's not how much power, it's all about the color.

Even a weak blu ray will make glowies freak out.

You can hit them with enough green to melt them into a pile of smoldering goo, but they will not react to it otherwise.

I'd be ok with that.

When I shine my BR on a glow pad it glows bright, then I shine my red Dilda on the pad and it stops glowing and leaves a strip of dark glow pad, darker then the rest which is glowing slightly with ambient light.

As far as I know, the re-radiance frequency of a phosphorescent material is generally close to or about the inverse of the frequency of the light it best absorbs to raise its energy level.

"Citation needed", and I'm looking for that, but in this case, phosphorescent green would respond best to blu-ray; and certain other colors would reverse the re-radiance. This actually comes into play in OLED production, which is where I ran across it, but please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Note, this is not to be confused with flourescence, which comes in many colors, is immediate "translation" of wavelength (not re-radiance) and can even happen with a green laser when contacting certain materials.