Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A Plea for EYE Safety!!

Ben321

I just saw this Google ad banner for overpowered handheld lasers on this same exact thread about the dangers of overpowered handheld lasers. It even brags about them having "destructive laser power" and claims they have 7000mW (7watts) of power. Here's a screenshot of the ad.1617771700288.png

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I just saw this Google ad banner for overpowered handheld lasers on this same exact thread about the dangers of overpowered handheld lasers. It even brags about them having "destructive laser power" and claims they have 7000mW (7watts) of power. Here's a screenshot of the ad.View attachment 72250
Ah yes this is the problem us hobbyists have to face all the time. We get new members looking for places to purchase dangerously powerful lasers. Sadly many are very young. We try our best to educate but not many care.

beamboy

Does anyone have a recommendation for a pair of 445nm goggles that cover your eyes from all sides? I'll be messing around with very powerful diodes and I don't want to risk reflections getting in from the sides.

Big bonus if it's available on Amazon