Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A little bit about maddog2099

Hello All,

I'm maddog2099 (Matt), I discovered this forum while searching around for an alternative to Wicked Lasers, and the cheapo laser pens you find everywhere. I am very happy to have stumbled across LPF, as I have learned a lot in the last few weeks of lurking, enough so that I feel I want to stay a while and learn more.

Some things about myself:

I went to a small community college in Southern Iowa, Indian Hills Community College. Some of you that are in the industry and in the midwest may know of it, simply because of it being one of the limited number of Associate level Laser Programs. I graduated from there with an A.A.S. in Laser/Electro-Optics.

I have been working in the medical device manufacturing field for the last 9 years. I have worked primarily on Nd:YAG and Fiber Laser tube cutting systems, but have also worked on a few CO2 and YAG welding systems.

I am enjoying reading and learning more about diode systems, when I was in school there were very few diode systems readily available, one of the few we had (Amoco Laser DPSS Green) was simply because my instructor had worked on them when he was in the industry. I have spent my career working on higher power IR systems, so I haven't had much exposure to anything visible, and very little to UV systems, so the advancements in Diode especially are very interesting.

I have read the rules and the how not to be scammed, and don't worry also the Laser safety guidelines, but worry not, I have no intentions of harming my eyes or anyone around me. I am a trained Laser Safety Officer, well not at my current position, but in a previous company, although the knowledge still exists, I just don't have to train people on a daily basis.

I currently have a 5mw (rated, not lpm) 532nm pointer that I bought years ago, and I have just ordered the fluorescence kit with 405nm pointer from Addonex, and Yobresal's 400mw under spec Blue Ice to play around with until I decide to build my own.

Cel

Welcome to the forum!

I see you already did the basics...., but continue exploring!

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Don't forget to put your location in your Sig if you
haven't yet done so. This way we know where you
are from.

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics