Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A laser story

A laser Story
Long, long ago there was a teenage boy discovered that there was more to lasers than those things you buy at Pet co through a magical web site called youtube.com. This teenager discovered the wonders of green lasers and decided that he MUST have one. He feverishly saved his pennies for a dragon lasers viper 125mW, but when he had the money his evil parents decided it was too much to spend on a “stupid light”… the teen argued and tried to make deals but it was no use…the parents had spoken. All was not lost as the teen managed to convince his parents that a $40 red laser from deal extreme would end the madness, his parents obliged.
After 4 weeks of waiting the laser was here!!! The teen was super excited and all was well for about a month until the teen spotted a 5mW green laser at radio shack, he bought this laser. Little did he know that this move would spark an infinite obsession with lasers.
Time went by and all was well, the teen bought another 5mW greenie from eBay (WL core) for himself as his friends had taken a liking to the radio shack laser, the teen even built a tunnel gun, but soon the power of the greenies was not enough, the teen began persisting that he needed a high power greenie again, but the parents still did not budge. After many more months of persistent badgering the teen got his parents to say YES!!! He was soo excited he didn’t know what to do! But by now not even the power of the 125mW viper would satisfy this power hungry kid! He began saving for a dragon lasers Hulk ultra 250mW, when he met a guy selling his RPL 260 for $500, the boy was thrilled and began the process of the transaction when the seller decided NOT to sell and the deal fell through. The boy was left heart broken yet again. He continued saving when he got an invite to join in on a CNI group buy! Confused the boy contacted Glenn and began the LONG list of questions, and decided that he could get a CNI PGL III 300mW. He sent the money to Glenn and weeks passed. Eventually the prized PGL made its way to Glenn, and upon arrival was defective. The boys hopes were shattered, but he knew he must keep trying, surely this bad luck wouldn’t continue…Right? WRONG over the next 5 months the boy and Glenn received 5 defective PGL’s. During the process, the kind hearted Glenn helped the depressed boy by sending a 50mW led Shoppe laser, the boy LOVED (and still does) the laser!!! He surprised all by showing the laser popping balloons at 2ofeet!!! Also Glenn lent the boy a 135mW blu ray, and the boy fell in love with the color, but would eventually have to send it back . Anyway after the 5th defective PGL the boy new it was time for a refund, so he contacted Glenn and CNI and got it. The boy was upset until he wandered upon a Optotronics GB thread!!! The boy had always loved the silver RPL’s, and immediately chose out the RPL 225. the teen is now eagerly awaiting the RPL and can not wait for the day that he may hold an actual RPL in his hands. 

Lol thanks for your time guys!
DLMB

thats one helluva story :beer: How could a company send out 5 defective lasers??? I know its very time consuming and involved to put a couple batteries and press the ON button, but jeeeeze ;)

Such a nice story !! I'm sure that most of us can trace the beginnings of our laser addictions to similar tales. I was lucky though. When my story began, I was already the parent, so all I had to do was convince my wife, which turned out to be quite easy. She has even bought me a laser or two. Gotta love my wife !!!!!!!! rob