Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A junkbox for DIYers

Yeah I remember, and I really don't hold any grudges. You get farther in life making friends than you do enemies.

Thanks for the offer trevor, I'll ask your help if I get stuck on anything.

Nobody posted anything :-(

Just so you all know it does in fact work. Posts have been appearing and disappearing, so things are getting sold. I managed to sell some netbook parts, so people will buy anything if it is priced right.

Well lately I've been working on a system to ban the IPs of scammers, and ironing out a few bugs in the process. After that I plan on working out a way to have little country flags next to the posts, corresponding to the poster's logged IP.

*still wonders why lpf doesn't use the site...*

I don't really sell random things. If I did, I would. ;)

Ah, but random things sold at random prices means random amounts of money in your pocket to buy new random things of your choice. And if those sold random things are larger than the new random things, you just freed a random amount of space in your home. Lord knows I need to...

Trevor

Okay, I'll bite. I'll see about putting something up over the weekend and seeing what happens.

-Trevor

Hey.

Neat website.

Perhaps I can find some interesting things on there. I'll try and post some stuff of mine this weekend!

w00t! Search by location finally works. :beer:

The key was to have the locations set by IP, and thus have them at predefined values which could then be searched. By clicking on either country or region when you view a post, you see all the other posts in that location. Now when the site becomes popular, I can simply put country flags up in the corner that people could click on for easy locationifying.

Alright, today I added some more PHP madness in there.

* Little country flags are displayed next to posts.
* You can click on those flags to search by country.
* BBCode is supported when posting!

Whatchyu guys think?

Last edited:

Trevor

Nice!

I still need to get some pictures of my misc stuff and put it up. ><

-Trevor

rhd

I think this is a neat site!
Few thoughts:

1) The black background with gray text is really painful. I think the site would look more "trustworthy" and "professional" if you went with a standard light (white) background, and normal font colour. Easier on the eyes too. The black may deter some people from engaging in commerce on your site, since it's a much more "underground" look. (cool - but again, not so much for a site of this nature)

2) I couldn't actually find any "sort by region" option, or any sort of drop-down to let me pick my country. It's cool that you can click on a flag and then it sorts by that flag, but that means you have to first find an item listed in your country, just so that you can find your flag to click on. A drop-down listing the countries you can choose from would be ideal.

3) The "Next" page buttons, as well as pages for 2, 3, and 4 seem to always be present, even if there isn't a 2nd, 3rd, 4th page. Clicking on "Next" when there isn't a next page takes me to a listing called "Free", with a broken image.

4) This isn't a critique, more of... something that made my morning! From one of the descriptions of old coins:

"Anyone after really ancient coins for shrinking?
These are ideal, some date from the 1900's."

I love it! 12 years ago (1999) is now ancient! Makes me feel... well, ancient ;)

You can just type the country in the search box, but I'll put in a menu. Right now I'm trying to make styles user-customizable, but I'm having a hard time with it.

Trevor

You might want to default to the white one.

Dark does tend to turn people away... dunno. ><

-Trevor

Ahh, here's the thread. Anyway, junkbox got an upgrade! Whatchyu guys think?

http://www.junkbox.org/index.php?

PS: Laser categories now!

Handheld lasers > http://www.junkbox.org/index.php?&category=37&subCategory=handLasers
Hosts > http://www.junkbox.org/index.php?&category=37&subCategory=hosts
Parts > http://www.junkbox.org/index.php?&category=37&subCategory=FLPart

Feel free to fill 'em up guys! Put anything in there, lenss, batteries, galvos... anything you don't want. :)

Also, bbcode images work.

Last edited: