Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A formal introduction

welcome
our Admin came from Candle Power Forums.
Thanks for the intro.
I did not do mine for a year. better late than never.
hk

Last edited:

welcome
our Admin came from Candle Power Forums.
Thanks for the intro.
I did not do mine for a year. better late than never.

I hope there will be a TEXLEM asap- Houston or DFW.. (at least four days)
if you can make it I promise you will never want to miss another.

Len
Why didn't you say so OP?

In that case Welcome! :D

KEWL
Shoulda knew that..
I made a thread somewhere with quotes from CPF of a conve between Avery and other CPF vets -- told them he was starting a new forum for Pointers-- nobody thought it was a good idea or that it would ever amount to much--HHHAA

Im strictly a observer there-- btw do some CPF members there have any 'problems' with LED lights being used as hosts??
I made a joke thread about using a laser host for LED---THEN back into a laser --dont try that at home..

hak

amars22

KEWL
Shoulda knew that..
I made a thread somewhere with quotes from CPF of a conve between Avery and other CPF vets -- told them he was starting a new forum for Pointers-- nobody thought it was a good idea or that it would ever amount to much--HHHAA

Im strictly a observer there-- btw do some CPF members there have any 'problems' with LED lights being used as hosts??
I made a joke thread about using a laser host for LED---THEN back into a laser --dont try that at home..

hak

Ah, I'm from BLF, not CPF. CPF is a bit too high brow for me. ;) BLF has no problems with it!

amars22

Pardon my ignorance but what's BLF? :unsure:

Budget Light Forum, similar to CPF but they focus more on DIY, community sourcing designs, and keeping the lights on the affordable side. If you have any interest in modern high power LED flashlights, it's certainly worth checking out. :)

I had not been to CPF for some time- the DFW Tx Park Gathering has died years ago=that forum looks sad.. Do sure do have some awesome lights.. If we have a LEM in Texas CPF is invited..

Budget Light Forum, similar to CPF but they focus more on DIY, community sourcing designs, and keeping the lights on the affordable side. If you have any interest in modern high power LED flashlights, it's certainly worth checking out. :)
I've got a bunch of cheapo LED flashlights that I retrofitted to use a single Li-Ion battery and one cheapo UV light I did the same with but that's about it, I will take a look because I hadn't heard of that place before! Thanks...

amars22

I've got a bunch of cheapo LED flashlights that I retrofitted to use a single Li-Ion battery and one cheapo UV light I did the same with but that's about it, I will take a look because I hadn't heard of that place before! Thanks...

Beware, it's a rabbit hole that can get costly. ;)