Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A formal introduction

amars22

Well I guess I'm supposed to post here, so hello everybody! I've been lurking for many years, signed up last year, and only really been active recently.

I've been into lasers since I was a kid, always had a Radio Shack pointer of some kind since I was about 9-10. I used to be stupid with them as a kid, intentionally shining them in my eye and everything. I'm thankful now that all I had were little 2-4mW pointers because I suffered no notable damage from it all. I'm much more careful now, especially since I've had some other close calls with my eyes as well. Always wear eye protection!

I stumbled on DTR's shop by accident maybe 10-ish years ago and built a really sweet little 445nm 1W laser with a stainless 18650 mod with a side e-switch. At some point, something I couldn't diagnose happened that I assumed was the emitter dying (couldn't get more than a milliwatt out of it, beam looked funny). I replaced it with a 450nm diode and set it for about 650-700mW and have had that up until around this time last year when I discovered Sanwu.

Flashlights are also a hobby of mine, I'm moderately experienced with building and modifying high power LED lights and am a member over at budgetlightforum as well. I consider myself versed in LED and battery technology, and electronics in general.

There is a considerable crossover between the two but I've found quite a lot of new stuff to learn about lasers. I'm looking forward to learning even more here, and expanding my collection with some uncommon and homemade examples.

Hi, that's quite a collection you have going there!

The only wavelength missing is a yellow laser 589nm to 593nm which is the color I'd like to get someday...

amars22

The only wavelength missing is a yellow laser 589nm to 593nm which is the color I'd like to get someday...

Thanks! I actually just added 2 more... :geek: I've been after a yellow laser ever since I found out about colors other than red green and blue. Sad I missed that 570 from a few years back also, that looks really cool. I also really want to make a ~420nm pointer as well so I can say I have indigo, but the diodes seem impossible to actually find.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter

Uh what? There's way more colors than 445 and 589/593. You sure you read these comments you reply to?

Thanks! I actually just added 2 more... :geek: I've been after a yellow laser ever since I found out about colors other than red green and blue. Sad I missed that 570 from a few years back also, that looks really cool. I also really want to make a ~420nm pointer as well so I can say I have indigo, but the diodes seem impossible to actually find.
Hopefully, the prices for yellow lasers will come down before too long, I've been waiting patiently for quite some time now!

I think he was referring to the collection in my signature.
Well, you have most of the normal colors covered from the red's, green's, blue's, and violet's, now you just need one of the yellow's and you're on your way! :D

Last edited: