Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A BIG thank you....

Fist of all I wanted to start a thread to say thank you to all the top forum posters I could name a few but would inevitably leave someone disserving out. I write this post as a direct response to my fist succesful ground up build and could not have done it without
the advanced tech of some very intelligent people :D . Again THANK YOU.

Switch said:
No one's replying because they're all so modest  ;D
Thats Ok cause I just wanted to thank the old timers that have made this forum what it is and to show my many thanks for passing on their lazer kung fu. :D

Not quite thread related, but is your profile picture part of the monument at the chernobyl site?

Kenom

Meh. Your welcome. Gratuity can be sent to..... mwahahahahahaha....

Th0ughts said:
[quote author=pseudonyms link=1233579929/0#3 date=1233691896]Not quite thread related, but is your profile picture part of the monument at the chernobyl site?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/Evstafiev-chernobyl_tragedy_monument.jpg
Yes.[/quote]
Yes it is at the site where they use to bury there dead, but of course they no longer do. I have always found the Chernoble sight
facinating (not in a sick way) done vast amounts of reading on the subject. It is amazing that in 1.20 minutes you could go from
green status to meltdown. Have a good day ;D

That's very cool, I'm extremely interested in that subject too.

I'm planning on going to Russia for a trip sometime in the future, and I hear that for about $300 they will take you in to the exclusion zone.

pseudonyms said:
That's very cool, I'm extremely interested in that subject too.

I'm planning on going to Russia for a trip sometime in the future, and I hear that for about $300 they will take you in to the exclusion zone.

Sounds like cigarettes to me... paying money to lower your lifespan...

-Mark

rocketparrotlet said:
[quote author=pseudonyms link=1233579929/0#8 date=1233781730]That's very cool, I'm extremely interested in that subject too.

Sounds like cigarettes to me... paying money to lower your lifespan...

-Mark[/quote]

They carry a geiger counter with them and get you out of there if anything bad happens, it's run by the government or with permission of the government, I believe.

I watched a documentary on it and there's an elderly couple, both over 100 years old, who have lived in the same house about a mile from the reactor all their lives and they're still doing fine.